King Crimson 2009 re-issues CD / DVD stereo/5.1 all inclusive thread (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by darkmatter, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. konoyaro

konoyaro Forum Resident

September is the target DGM has most recently claimed. However, they've not set a specific day in September and I've not seen any offers for pre-orders yet. That has me a little concerned about the likelihood of further push backs...

2. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

I ahve seen written that Posidon had to be redone due to additional material being found which needed to be added to the DVD after it had been initially authored.

I dont have a problem with that as it sounds to me like its to be as definitive as teh In the court disc. I would be nice if they released these accross the year rather than in little batches at the end of the year,

we are working to Fripper time though so as and when is fine as long as they keep comming.

3. Skyflash

Skyflash Forum Resident

If it's the previously lost multi-tracks then that would be GREAT news.
    I'd wait another year if it meant finding those and the album getting a proper
    remix that it deserves. I think the original stereo mix is great but a 5.1 mixed
    from the original pre-bounce tapes would be amazing.

4. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

Agreed, esp 'cuz the missing multis were those of The Devil's Triangle, the album centerpiece.

5. konoyaro

konoyaro Forum Resident

Agreed - waiting another year if it meant the multis were found and to be incorporated would be well worth it, but why hold up other titles? There are times when I wish DGM / Robert Fripp were more transparent about business plans especially when they change from what has been previously announced.

6. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

So apparently I completely missed these. Anyone do some solid comparisons yet? Everything I've read so far is telling me to jump on these ASAP.

7. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

Not a comparison but here is my opinion...

I would say that Lizard is a must have even if you don't have a 5.1 system. Even the stereo mix is a major improvement.
    IMO Red is worth only if you can play it on a multichannel system and same for ITCOTCK unless you buy the 5CD+DVD box as a memorabilia.

8. Quincy

Quincy Senior Member

I'll respectfully disagree about Red if one values live video content. I'm not set up as 5.1 but have found myself playing the video portion way more than I typically do for discs with modest video portions. :)

9. Some find Lizard too compressed, both the remix and original stereo mix, but I think it sounds fine. The multi channel mix is impressive. Yes, buy it...

Also...
    Any word yet on the content for the Wake reissue?

10. Runt

Runt Senior Member

I agree, that video performance is killer and almost worth the price of admission alone for Red. But I'd recommend picking up all three releases (including that beautiful ITCOTCK box). :righton:

11. Bevsson

Bevsson Member

12. nsmith1002

nsmith1002 Forum Resident

I pre-ordered both ITWOP and Islands at Burning Shed a few hours ago.

13. konoyaro

konoyaro Forum Resident

Weird - the DGM page says they are released Oct 1, Burning Shed says Oct. 11 and DGM Mail Order does not have them for preorder yet.

14. Skyflash

Skyflash Forum Resident

Great news! I'll be pre-ordering these soon. I've listened to KC since the mid-late
    80's and never heard nor owned Islands or Lizard ever in my collection.
    I think it's time to take a 'trip back' and discover these albums finally.

ITWOP has always been a personal favorite of mine and I'm especially happy
    this is finally being released,even if Devil's Triangle isn't a full re-mix.
    If I recall, they did have bounced groups on tape and they at least had
    something to work with. I have complete faith that Mr. Wilson has taken
    well good care to make this 2010 version the best it can be.

15. Javimulder

Javimulder New Member

Amazon UK says Oct 4th... I just pre-ordered :thumbsup:

16. simon-wagstaff

simon-wagstaff Forum Resident

What happened to Larks' Tongues? I was REALLY hoping it would come out at the same time.

Waiting, waiting, waiting......

17. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

I don't think Larks was ever rumoured to be in the second batch... They are working on it now so it will be in the third.

18. leefarber

leefarber Senior Member

Wasn't BEAT supposed to be in this batch? I'm really excited for the '80s Crim titles...

19. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

It's been speculated that this poster predicts the release order.

Court, Lizard, Red were the first batch.

Islands, Poseidon, Beat are the second.

Dunno why Beat hasn't been detailed in the latest blurbage, but I remember similar imperfect pre-release info for the first batch.

This is Fripp, after all...

Attached Files:

20. DPM

DPM Senior Member

The title that is going to be the most interesting mixed into surround is Thrak. The double trio in 5.1. It boggles the mind.

21. sucram89

sucram89 New Member

Islands is what I'm most looking forward to. The Letters is going to be insane!

22. Joe Shlabotnik

Joe Shlabotnik Formerly dickvin

Just giving a bump to this thread as I just got an email from Burning Shed and the ITCOTCK box set (5 CD/1 DVD) is being re-issued. I missed it the first time around , so I jumped on this one - plus only $55.80 - seems like a good deal to me.

23. Edgard Varese

Edgard Varese Royale with Cheese

I almost fell over, hearing the news that a record company had done something sensible for once. :laugh:

24. I wish I could get the 40th anniv. my friend has In the court, Red, and Lizard 40th. I only have the 30th which i got from him XD

25. heepsterandrey

heepsterandrey Forum Resident

Yes you did my friend, but they are bothh good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.