John Lennon expanded reissues and box set planned in 2010 (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by -Alan, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The original vinyl is that way as well.

POB on an original UK pressing, the first CD, the remixed CD and the latest. Of all of these, this is the best version on CD that I've heard; while detail may be slightly less sharp compared to the remix, the "sound" of the original mix was truly the way that John, Yoko and Phil intended to hear it.

I really, really, really like the remaster of this.

2. nightenrock

nightenrock Forum Resident

Listening to Plastic Ono Band. It sounds very, very good to my ears as well.

3. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

My thanks to those who posted the Gimme Some Truth breakdown and the Borders information - I just grabbed it for $18.61 including tax (plus gas for a ten-minute round trip).

4. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

I think GMST has all the songs from POB on it, so you may not have to get both.

5. acjetnut

acjetnut Senior Member

6. acjetnut

acjetnut Senior Member

...unless GMST has a different mastering then POB. PTTP tracks are not exactly the same as their corresponding album, so it could be the case for GMST as well.

7. CybrKhatru

CybrKhatru Music is life.

Thanks... I wondered if this was the case. Will investigate further! :)

8. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

my Lennon lps are all original pressings...never really needed to bother looking for reissues as the originals are quite affordable.

I guess my question is directed at people who are in possession of originals/and or have heard them with a great enough frequency to do a comparison.

9. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.