Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick 40th Anniversary Special Edition

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joepepitone, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter M

Peter M Forum Resident

So are you saying it is the equalization that is questionable?

2. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

I have touched my tone controls, but only a little.

3. In my opinion yes. :agree: That said, I'm not particularly knowledgable on these things. To my ears it just sounds very trebly. All I can do to tame this is to turn the volume down as I have no means of adjusting the equalisation on my system to compensate for any 'perceived' brightness.

4. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

"porcupine guy" ? Grow up.

JohnG and Spek like this.
  5. tullist

tullist Forum Resident

Precisely what problem do you have with that reference Minister of Behaviors? It is the esteemed Porcupine Tree that he came from yes? I do confuse them with some other neo prog band, so maybe I'm wrong, sorry, the next one that particularly impresses me will be the first, but, there again, I have similar feelings about Yes, Genesis and ELP, so maybe they're in good company. Damn sure is an honor to get the call from Ian Anderson or Robert Fripp, the boy did a fine job. Am I showing a lack of reverence? Btw, who the hell are you?

6. tullist

tullist Forum Resident

Precisely what problem do you have with that reference Minister of Behaviors? It is the esteemed Porcupine Tree that he came from yes? I do confuse them with some other neo prog band, so maybe I'm wrong, sorry, the next one that particularly impresses me will be the first, but, there again, I have similar feelings about Yes, Genesis and ELP, so maybe they're in good company. Damn sure is an honor to get the call from Ian Anderson or Robert Fripp, the boy did a fine job. Am I showing a lack of reverence? Btw, who the hell are you?

7. Pibroch

Pibroch Active Member

Wow, someone's got his ego in a twist.

8. pdenny

I sure wish we could get that DCC guy to remaster A PASSION PLAY.

9. tullist

tullist Forum Resident

Where in do you see ego enter my observation? Since its a Tull related theme let me restate that by saying What is the precise nature of your fear? Merely a man, like most, when a total stranger makes introduction of himself, (13000 posts notwithstanding) with an arrogant condesension rod, will find out, this snake bites.
    You approach me as a gentleman, you will get the same in spades. You condesend to me, and I do hope I mispelled that, my tolerance level is zero.

10. Pibroch

Pibroch Active Member

Funny, because "arrogant condescension" is what caused me to say anything in the first place.

11. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

The MoFi Gold CD is exceptional.

12. pdenny

It's wonderful---love the fact it's indexed, too.

13. Icenine1

Icenine1 Forum Resident

14. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

The bigger the shame. The Peter Mew bright mastering is a real shame because the Steven Wilson surround mix is awesome. A grower.

15. tootull

APP & WarChild belong together here. The best two on MoFi.

16. pdenny

I had loved TAAB and APP in high school. When WAR CHILD came out, I naturally bought it and I still remember being pissed off at all the "short songs" :laugh: With time and the MFSL though I've come around :righton:

17. ribors

ribors Forum Resident

Off topic, but the numbers on the 25th anniversary are funny - the DR21 is for the interview track which makes the DR13 for the album a little skewed, as the album tracks are DR10 and DR9. No complaints on the sound quality of that interview -- probably the sweetest sounding track on a Peter Mew mastered Tull album :winkgrin:

18. tootull

:D too much

19. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

If he was ever crazy enough to hang out here I am sure he would send a personal thank you note. :edthumbs:

20. weirdo12

weirdo12 Forum Resident

There are 3 copies of the vinyl box sitting at my local Sunrise (Toronto) store going for $39 - $36 with my ID card! I had one in my hands and decided I really didn't need TAAB2 or and 80 page book. Amazon.ca had it going for 26 bucks yesterday.

21. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Yes, but Amazon Canada isn't shipping for at least six weeks to eight weeks.

22. tootull

There's a $5 off coupon in the latest free Sunrise mag. "needle". Can't use your ID card, but at least it brings the price down to $34.

23. Icenine1

Icenine1 Forum Resident

The remix DVDA stereo sounds killer to me!

24. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

+1 Been listening to this constantly this week.

25. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

There's a DVD-A of this title? Where do you get that? I got stuck with a DVD. :realmad:

bobcat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.