Jethro Tull - Stand Up 40th Anniversary release?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Warchild, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doctor Flang

Doctor Flang Forum Resident

I got my copy today and i'm quite pleased with it. The BBC tracks sound a bit too trebly, but still a lot better compared to the reverd-bathed and compressed bunch that were released on 20 Years box set.
    The Carnegie Hall disc sounds also better (in both stereo and 5.1.) than the mix that was released on 25th Anniversary box set. (Altough i absolutely hate Bunker's and especially Barre's solo spots!) Oh, the long version of 17 is nice!

Of course, the main album is the same 2001 remaster which sucks a bit IMO.

2. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

The mono singles sound good, but I'll stick with my MFSL gold disc.

3. Doctor Flang

:righton: You know, i can tolerate the 2001 remaster but when they eventually re-release Aqualung i will get extremely mad if they don't do a fresh remaster. The current Aqualung remaster is one of the worst i've ever heard.

4. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

:thumbsup:

5. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

'Aqualung' deluxe edition ought to be:

disc 1: CD: direct copy of the DCC edition, with side 4 of 'Living In The Past' added as bonus tracks

disc 2: DVD: 4.0 quad mix, with the bonus tracks from the anniversary edition added

disc 3: CD: the 'My God' bootleg

not sure what the TAAB deluxe edition should be, but there should be one.

6. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Just received mine from Amazon.ca. Haven't opened it yet but it does not appear to have a plastic slipcase like the US issue This Was Deluxe. Anyone's have a slipcase for Stand Up? (Looks a bit thick to accommodate a slipcase anyway.)

7. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

That would sell like pancakes!!!!

8. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

My US This Was Deluxe was lacking the slipcase. The UK release had it however.

9. jacksondownunda

jacksondownunda Forum Resident

It's REALLY late to wonder this, but I've always associated the Carnegie Hall gig and similar tapes of the tour with Benefit (with a sneak preview of My God from an upcoming album), mostly because of the setlist and the keyboards by John Evan.
    Soooooo, is there a Benefit deluxe 40th expected (and what would THAT have),?

10. Electric

Yes, right. My Canadian copy had the slipcase. The US version did not. :agree:

So, no one gets a slipcase this time?

11. GowG

GowG Forum Resident

When I buy this edition, do I need to keep '01 edition? At least this one doesn't have that ugly white frame which says "Remastered with bonus tracks" or something like that.

12. Electric

This time we get black borders on the sides. :sigh:

13. Doctor Flang

:righton: A fresh remix (as a bonus) would be great too.

My guess is that there is no live recordings from that era. But a 5.1. surround mix treatment of both TAAB and APP would be nice.

14. John Buchanan

Decided to order this one as well.

15. street legal

street legal Senior Member

Does anyone know who has this for the best price? I want to get it, & was going to order from deepdiscount, but I just called them to see if it is in stock (it doesn't say that is isn't on their website) & sure enough, the customer rep told me that it is temporarily out of stock. I asked if she knew if they would be getting more in, & she said that she really couldn't say for sure.

Anyway, deepdiscount had it for $19.97 with free shipping, which is a great price. Does anyone else have it for so cheap? I've checked a LOT of online sites & it is about $26 or $27 in most places, some of which you have to add shipping costs on top of that.

16. Electric

I would say just order it from DD. Since it's a new release I'm sure they will be getting more in very soon. Even obscure titles I order from DD eventually come back in. That's my experience anyway.

17. street legal

street legal Senior Member

That's good to hear, thanks. Maybe I will just place an order with them.

I have used deepdiscount a number of times in the past, but I never ordered something that they didn't have in stock.

18. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

Grrrrrrrrrrr, still waiting for mine, over a month from DD

19. texquad

texquad Senior Member

Volume problem w/Nothing Is Easy?

Has anyone else noticed that the volume at the beginning of Nothing Is Easy starts out very low on most recent remasters. I don't ever remember hearing that before. Maybe that's the way is was recorded, but I don't remember it being that pronounced on the vinyl or the original CD's. Maybe it's a Peter Mew problem?

20. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

I thought that song always faded up in the beginning.

21. John Buchanan

Yep, I seem to remember the Island UK album I had did the same thing.

22. texquad

texquad Senior Member

I checked it again and the fade in is more pronounced on the remaster than on the older versions. Maybe part of the problem is the loudness difference between the end of the the previous song and the begining of Nothing Is Easy. I noticed it because I had to turn up the volume in the car to hear the begining of the song and I thought of all the years I've listened to this song I've never noticed that!

23. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

Fades up on the original U.K. LP...
    Great trick that fade!

24. Marvin

Marvin Senior Member

Didn't it just come out on 10/26?

In any case, the one I pre-ordered from DD arrived today.

25. mikew

mikew Forum Resident

'Aqualung' deluxe edition ought to be:

disc 1: CD: direct copy of the DCC edition, with side 4 of 'Living In The Past' added as bonus tracks

disc 2: DVD: 4.0 quad mix, with the bonus tracks from the anniversary edition added

disc 3: CD: the 'My God' bootleg

Excellent suggestion.

Does anyone know what the concert date & venue for the "My God" bootleg?
    I remember the local FM station was playing the bootleg before the record company told them to stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.