Jethro Tull - "Live At Madison Square Garden 1978" (CD/DVD)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tootull, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yescool2002

yescool2002 Forum Resident

However, it includes a very interesting documentary from the late 60s.
    Watch it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3rPbIJ-tpQ

2. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way Thread Starter

Pictures, we've got pictures! :winkgrin: Jethro Tull - "Live At Madison Square Garden 1978" (CD/DVD)

3. four sticks

four sticks Senior Member

love the disc designs :righton:

4. george nadara

george nadara Forum Resident

Presently listening to this, the volume uncommonly loud. "Thick Is A Brick" is extraordinary. Of the Tull live albums I have heard, this must be my favorite.

5. street legal

street legal Senior Member

How do the performances on this release stack up to the ones on "Bursting Out"?
    I see that the tracklistings are very similar. With the exception of "Heavy Horses"
    & "My God/Cross Eyed Mary", it appears that all of the tracks are also on the "Bursting Out" LP,
    among others. So, disregarding the video content of course, is this still an essential release if one already
    has "Bursting Out"?

6. frank3si

frank3si Forum Resident

Since you asked, (and I just got this CD/DVD yesterday - I must have missed when it was released originally) I've always felt that Busting Out sounded kind of tame. I saw the band live quite a few times, the first time the week Aqualung came out, and the last at Shea Stadium in 1976, sitting with Ian's wife Shona thanks to a pal at Chrysalis. This MSG performance, however, has all the energy I found lacking in Bursting Out. I wasn't expecting that when I put in the DVD last night and really, really enjoyed it. A very nice mix on the 5.1, though I haven't heard the stereo as of yet.

My copy was new and sealed and all of $12, so it's not hard to find at a low price and very well worth it. I really dug it! :agree:

7. shadlet

shadlet Forum Resident

On my new set, the plastic cd holders inside were placed too low on the cardboard cover panels. When you pick the set up, holding it at the bottom, the outer cover caves into the hollow of the cd holders inside. Is mine an aberration or were they all constructed like that?
    Cheap packaging; fantastic set. I really value this one, as it's from the Heavy Horses tour, an album which I am waiting for Mr. Wilson to work his magic on. Ian looks like he is the happiest man on earth while fronting this show.

frank3si likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.