Jethro Tull - Aqualung 40th Anniversary Special Edition (part2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rushed again

rushed again Senior Member

Yes, very cool JohnG.

2. oregonalex

oregonalex Forum Resident

:confused: I thought it was just either the 2CD set or the whole shebang. Where did you find a DVD only?

3. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

For me the crown jewel of this set is the record. But I do like it all.

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

as is the 2 CD set and priced at $16+shipping...mine shipped at $11+shipping.:)

5. Michael

most likely from a seller who split up the box.:)

6. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

:wave:
    My God original mix transfer, you don't want to have that turned up too loud, the crackling noise is rather nasty.

Don't forget:
    On ALL of the 5.1 mix tracks of "Cross-Eyed Mary at about 1:18 in there is an audible "tick" sound in the left front channel...."if he could take it from the money (tick) man"....... this includes the DVD & Blu-ray.
    http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showpost.php?p=7111917&postcount=87

7. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

I'm with you, and I only have the 2 disc set. Once I sell the DCC I'll have more than enough $ to get the box set :)

8. oregonalex

What an intriguing idea! I'm in. There must be tons of people who do not need all the formats included. So, if anyone wants to sell the DVD (or BluRay) separate, to recover some cash, PM me. I am seriously interested.

9. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Place a WTB in the classifieds. This will be buried within hours. Be sure to post a firm price per forum rules.

10. Michael

so...do you all consider the "tick" in the BR and DVD... The crackle in the original mix? DEFECTS? calling for a replacement? or can you all live with it?
    Steven Wilson needs to address this IMO.:)

11. oregonalex

Sorry, I can't access the classifieds. I don't have enough posts.

12. Myke

Hurry, and get those 17 then. :righton:

13. Michael

good luck my friend! I hope you are successful in your endeavor.:)

14. Michael

post away my friend.:righton:

15. oregonalex

Thank you. But in case I am not:

Has there been any indication or rumor that the digital HiRez mixes would be made available separately in some form in the future?

16. Myke

Not yet, and I don't expect it until AFTER the holidays...think about it. Sales of boxes vs. sales of standalones...

17. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I picked up my copy (2 CD version) today in local store. My contribution to trying to keep record stores alive. About $20.

I think it sounds tremendous.

My only complaint is that I'd like to read the liner notes but they're so small I need to borrow an electron microscope from a local university. OK, I'm exaggerating, only need a good magnifying glass or an eye transplant. I guess this is a good reason to spring for the big boxset. Although it looks like the essay is from a Prog Issue of Classic Rock so maybe I'll be able to borrow that from a friend.

One of the cool things about this, is that I haven't listened to Tull in awhile (with the exception of listening a few weeks ago to the live Aqualung disc given away at a concert years ago to get psyched for this release) but hearing this now has given me Tull "fever" and I'm going back and re-listening to most of the albums (I have them all). I am going to have to think long & hard about my fave Tull album. I've always been kind of torn between Aqualung and Benefit, but right now Benefit gets the nod, with others in the running too.

18. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I'd kill to get this done on Benefit.

19. JRF

JRF Forum Resident

+1:righton:

20. Michael

IIRC, No...Steven commented on such I believe?

21. Michael

add me to the list of that dream...my favorite Jethro Tull album! tied with Aqualung...I wore that record out back then...So disappointed with the current CD.:(
    Steven...is there a possibility?

22. 51nocaster

51nocaster Senior Member

23. Michael

a noble effort indeed...but, I cannot pass up an internet bargain....family first...every dollar I save is a boon to my economy.:thumbsup:

24. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

What "tick" on the DVD? The DVD doesn't have the original mix, so I thought there were just issues with the original mix track of "My God" on the Blu-Ray disc. I listened to the 24/96 remix stereo track on the DVD the other day and didn't noticed anything wrong.

Has Steven Wilson commented anywhere about "My God" on the Blu-Ray disc?

25. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showpost.php?p=7111917&postcount=87
    On ALL of the 5.1 mix tracks of "Cross-Eyed Mary at about 1:18 in there is an audible "tick" sound in the left front channel...."if he could take it from the money (tick) man"....... this includes the DVD & Blu-ray.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.