Jethro Tull - Aqualung 40th Anniversary Special Edition (part2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Good news, I'm glad yours is on the way. I ordered on the 26th, so I can feel my order being close to shipping too. My order status is still not yet shipped. :(

2. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Wow, I didn't know they ever had it for $11! Wish I had ordered it from them.

I preordered it from CDWOW because of a tip up here (for like $14.99) but I'm tired of waiting (backordered) and canceled it. Will be avoiding them in the future. Have had several problems with them, stuff always seems to go on backorder or take months and months to get shipped and reach me in the USA from them.

I'll pick it up at local place who had it last week if they still have it tomorrow. Otherwise will try pricematch of Amazon's $18.64 at BestBuy I guess. If BB is out then I guess I will try ordering from ImportCDs. With postage their price is about at Amazon's price....damn I just want to hear this friggin' thing for myself already and see if it sounds like the greatest thing since sliced audio bread like you are all raving about.

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

it's worth the wait! you'll love it.:)

that's eleven dollars plus shipping total of fourteen dollars...a great deal! Hopefully they will ship the seventy-six dollar Aqualung 40th box sooner than later!

4. fra_pe

fra_pe Forum Resident

I ordered the big box. Can hardly wait until it arrives here in Germany...

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Import CDs just raised their price for the box to $109.68...does Import CDs stick with the price when you placed your order ?

I ordered 10/26.

6. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

I almost bought the DVD only yesterday, but discovered that it doesn't have the original stereo mixes in 24/96. I'm not sure why they put the other hi-res mixes on the DVD and not the original mixes, but that kind of killed the deal for me.

I'll probably have to spring for the whole set just to get the blu-ray disc.

7. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I haven't checked out the Blu-Ray disc yet. If it has the original mix in hi-rez, that's a bonus, but I really like the remix. For the original mix, the DCC gold CD still satisfies.

8. Myke

:wave: Can find no answer to this anywhere on their site.

9. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

Of course the DCC is a great sounding mastering, but I'm intersted in hearing all the low level detail and ambience that the 96/24 may have that the CD may not.

I've gotten so keyed in to listening for that type of thing, that when it's not there I feel unsatisfied, regardless of how good the other atrributes of the mastering may be. :shake:

10. audiohound

audiohound Forum Resident

I wrote to them regarding this same question. Here was there reply:

When you submit the order you have reserved that item for that price no matter when it ships. As for defective products, we do not ship replacement items but we do issue refunds upon receipt of the defective item. If you have any other questions feel free to email us back.

Sincerely,

ImportCDs Customer Service
    ImportCDs.com

And here are some additional answers which they provided on 11/3:

1) We expect a shipment to arrive either next week or the week after. This
    is not a guarantee. It could take 3-4 weeks to arrive.

2)We will not charge your credit card until we ship the item. However, your
    credit card will issue a pre-authorization to show us that you have the
    funds available. This pre-authorization will not finish pending until we
    ship the item.

3)You may cancel your order up until our warehouse starts to process the
    order to ship it out.

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

ImportCDs Customer Service
    ImportCDs.com

11. Myke

Thanks Audiohound ! Things be lookin' up. :agree:

12. I almost feel I'm on the wrong forum following this thread. Universal acclaim for a reissue,
    must be a record of some sort.
    I have an early US lp and the Classic 4x45rpm reissue but with so many positive comments I've hit the buy button for the deluxe box as well.

the nightfly likes this.
  13. KeithH

Let us know if you get to hear the Blu-Ray disc. I'm curious to hear your thoughts. Hopefully I'll get to it this evening.

14. MilesSmiles

MilesSmiles Oenologist Thread Starter

I bought the two CD set and it made me really curious about the Blu-Ray, hope to have the big box set by tomorrow.

15. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

I have written EXTENSIVE comments on the original high rez stereo mix in this thread.

16. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

When you check out the original mix in hi-rez on the blu-ray, report back if you hear some nasty distortion on My God. Both the Rockman and I seemed to have heard the same thing, so I assume they made some type of "error" when transferring the original mix in 24/96 to the blu-ray disc.

I'm surprised nobody else either listened to the original mix or reported hearing or not hearing the same crackling noises on My God.

17. The Blu Ray disc is the finest jewel in the crown of this box set. After listening to the hi-rez surround mixes, the remastered remix CD, and the extra songs on CD 2, I'm afraid it's time to put my DCC Gold CD out to pasture. And that's something I never thought I'd hear myself say.

18. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

My signed 2CD Aqualung by Steven Wilson (at J&R Music in NYC Friday afternoon):

[​IMG]

19. wavelength

wavelength Forum Resident

That is cool.

20. MilesSmiles

MilesSmiles Oenologist Thread Starter

Very cool, I'm envious.

21. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Even Steven was impressed that i brought it with me to the acoustic show.

22. rushed again

rushed again Senior Member

It is an odd occurance. Our Host's reissue of Rumours was also universal so that's at least two outstanding reissues this year.

23. Jim N.

Jim N. 2024 is 1968 sans the great music

Yup, the price at Import CD's is up to 109 bucks. They took down the "On Sale until 12/2" with the 73 buck price. They must have gotten swamped with orders as it still shows "Out of stock, back-ordered" for the deluxe.

I ordered 10/28 and paid with Pay Pal. Status still shows that it has not shipped. Since they have also not refunded my Pay Pal I am hoping they plan on shipping. We'll see what happens in the next few days. I'm willing to wait as I was ambivalent about buying the deluxe and am quite happy with the 2 CD set.

If I can't get the deluxe for that price then I am willing to pass on it.

24. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing

I don't mind the wait if I've saved that much money :righton:

25. KeithH

Thanks. I missed them, but I'll have a look.

I do remember some stuff being said about "My God" before my set arrived. Has Steven Wilson weighed in on it here?

Thanks, Scott. I've listened to the stereo remix on CD 1 and the DVD and am very impressed. The Blu-Ray disc is up next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.