Jethro Tull - Aqualung 40th Anniversary Special Edition (part2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

Credits from the book.
    [​IMG]

2. joepepitone

joepepitone Forum Resident

I'm loving my 2 CD collection. Has anybody noticed the rooftop photo with Ian and Jeffrey wearing the black patent leather boots is reversed? The hair parts of Martin, John and Clive are reversed.

3. Kym

Kym Former Resident

"Muti track transfers"? Tsk tsk.

4. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

looks like this

Attached Files:

5. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

another shot

Attached Files:

6. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

Pretty. :)

7. tootull

8. Dok

Dok Senior Member

Ray Shulman, the bass and violin player for Gentle Giant, is making quite a name for himself in the DVD and Blu-Ray authoring world! :righton:

9. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

And Ray is in contact with Steven... I'll say no more. :ignore:

10. PROGGER

PROGGER Forum Resident

I really like the early version of Wind up on disc 2. The song sounds so much better without that guitar riffing which is heard on the album version imo. His voice sounds better on the early version too imo. None of that growling that we hear on the album version. The early version is what the quad version was made from but the vocals on the quad version are a bit over the top. Finally I can enjoy Wind up on disc 2. As for Locomotive breath, the quad version is my fave. I haven't heard the quad version of My god yet, so at the moment I'm yet to hear a version of My god which I enjoy enough, so hopefully the quad version is the answer

11. I prefer it in part BECAUSE of that riffing! Now that I think about it, electric guitar riffing probably accounts for a lot of what this album is about. In this respect, it is to me much more in line with Black Sabbath - while the acoustic tracks sometimes seem to owe to Cat Stevens maybe a little bit, or perhaps also to James Taylor - than with prog rock, which is what that book/interview keeps linking it to. Tull really turned prog only with "Thick As A Brick". "Aqualung" is heavy rock (with some classical overtones) along with folk style interludes.

12. onlyconnect

onlyconnect The prose and the passion

I succumbed but it is dreadfully overpriced. Disappointed with the artwork too. The inner gatefold is spoilt by the cut-outs for the discs. They seem to have lost the original artwork. Look at the back of the book. At first I thought they must have the original since it shows the back picture without any text. However, looking closely, I think this is an old album sleeve with the text carefully blotted out in Photoshop. The printing on my ILPS is much superior.

Tim

13. tootull

[​IMG]

http://somethingelsereviews.com/201...hro-tull-locomotive-breath-1971-2011-reissue/

14. abor1g

abor1g Forum Resident

+1 from a child from the early seventies... i was 17 in 1971

15. rushed again

rushed again Senior Member

+2 .....Not a fan of the remix but this is an exception that is exceptional. I'll also be watching for those others on the way.

16. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

Listened to the DVD yesterday and it sounded fantastic - clear, natural and punchy without the murky mids that characterized previous issues of Aqualung.

17. rb66

rb66 Member

I gave up waiting for Import CD's to ship this and ordered from Amazon. Import CD's sent me an email yesterday saying they had no new updates on when these would ship.

18. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Thank you for this input. I'm still waiting patiently...which really goes against my character. :laugh::help:

19. blue.monk

blue.monk Forum Resident

I'm still waiting on them as well - and getting impatient. I saw 4 copies in my local Best Buy the other day...

20. Myke

Oh yeah, less than 5 miles from me sits at least one box (per website under availability), but it costs twice the price. :shake:

21. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

I just played the 5.1 off of the Blu Ray kind of loud as a tribute to Mike Licari; man this disc jams.

22. blue.monk

blue.monk Forum Resident

I have a $50 Best Buy gift card that even if used still wouldn't match ImportCD's price. :shake: indeed!

23. wavelength

wavelength Forum Resident

Once you get this set and play the blu-ray dts-hd master audio 5.1, the dollars you paid won't be the thing on your mind. It is stellar.

24. blue.monk

blue.monk Forum Resident

I'm sure you're right. Steven Wilson's work with the King Crimson catalog has been revelatory.

25. Myke

Understood, but if those dollars can buy gas, food, or pay a bill, it does make a difference. The only way some of us can afford these toys is by planning months in advance...chasing the lowest possible price, and then hoping you can hang on to the toys, and not have to sell them one day in the future, so you can buy gas, or food, or pay a bill.
    My son...right now, at this very moment, is trying to sell a chunk of his collection, to a brick and mortar, stuff he bought here in the classifieds, just to get gas to get back and forth to work. They put him off, because there's so many others ahead of him, trying to sell their collections. :help:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.