Jampol hints: The Doors L.A. Woman 40th deluxe edition coming

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by monkboughtlunch, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

Warner Bros has been putting more restrictions on archive projects, that's what the problem is.

2. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Agreed. That said, I don't think he has direct involvement with the entire operation. My guess is that he is helping EH with certain projects. Janie isn't letting go of control of that gravy train.

3. JeffR714

JeffR714 Well-Known Member

Have to agree with sufingelectrode these albums have been released over and over there's other stuff that could be released I just got back into vinyl after 25 years and there are titles I want that aren't available just bought all the Doors vinyl (Rhino) so I'm good. Maybe they should think about releasing the Bright Midnight catalog on vinyl.

4. WPLJ

WPLJ Forum Resident

I hear that.

Something we haven't heard before, please. I hope they can find something more interesting to release in the coming years instead of endless variations of the 6 Morrison albums.

What a messy catalog!

5. Yardbird

Yardbird Forum Resident

I guess it depends upon what you mean by "heard before". I assume you are referring to officially released music. With that assumption in place, they could release:

1) Matrix (1st generation with missing jams)
    2) London Fog
    3) Seattle
    4) Bakersfield
    5) Chalk Farm
    6) Hawaii
    7) Hollywood Bowl
    8) Toronto
    9) Roundhouse
    10) LA Forum
    11) 45s
    12) The Doors and Strange Days in mono on cd
    13) Amsterdam
    14) Asbury Park
    15) Chicago Coliseum
    16) Isle of Wight
    17) Dallas
    18) Winterland

There are concerts that The Doors have been unwilling to pay the owners to obtain the tapes.

Ray, Robbie, John and their fans are not getting any younger. Why not release these shows and put them in the hands of their loyal fans before we're buried.

What are they waiting for?

martini likes this.
  6. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

You're probably right. However, it get's frustrating when you get promised something.....and then nothing. Considering that this happens with the Doors repeatedly....alienation amongst the fan base towards band management (or whoever is responsible) shouldn't be surprising.

7. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

Considering that they own the physical master tapes for London Fog & the Matrix, they would make for a great analog cut vinyl release.

I'm very frustrated regarding the bands policy of never/rarely purchasing concert tapes from owners as well. Especially considering what is rumored to be out there. (Multiple 1967 soundboards for example.) However, it's their money and we can't force them. Just hope they change their minds in the future. Also, hope that tape owners will be somewhat more reasonable in what their asking price is.

8. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

I picked this set up for my birthday. I have an old vinyl, bought second hand in thee 70s, so it was time to act and the outtakes are great.

mesfen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.