It's George who sings Do You Want To Know A Secret?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by matthew5, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeM

MikeM Senior Member

I'm out of my depth when it comes to discussion the exigencies of four-track recording and who's on what track, etc.

But since Paul harmonizes with himself on the title phrase of this song, it would seem impossible for him to add yet a third vocal part for the backing. Plus, I clearly hear John's rougher voice in the "la-la" and answering "you won't see me" parts.

2. Dr.O'Boogie

Dr.O'Boogie Forum Resident

He's in the background vocals for sure...oooh ooh la la la etc.

3. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

That sounds fine to me. The only point I was making is it is extremely unlikely bordering on impossible that Paul isn't playing something on the basic track. We know bass, drums and 2 guitars were playing simultaneously so Paul has to be in there somewhere.

4. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

I strongly disagree. Especially the line (and even more so on the italicized words) "Do you promise not to tell" Sounds a lot like John to me.

And for years I thought it was John, and it wasn't until a friend pointed it out recently I found out that the song is in fact sung by George.

5. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

We all had to start somewhere. The introduction to the song, to me, is so unmistakably, adenoid-ly, George.... :cool:

6. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

Are there only 2 electric guitar tracks in total on She Said? There's one playing a sort of lead guitar riff-echo thing after the vocal lines...there's also a one-note, sustained organ tone in there in places. What track is that tone on?

I'm thinking there have to be at least 2 vocal tracks out of the 4, especially if it is only George and John singing on it....does anybody know if/how much internal bouncing was done on this track? By Revolver standards, it was recorded quite quickly...all in one session apparently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.