Is Paul McCartney an oldies act

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by maccafan, Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conception

conception Forum Resident

Paul live may be an oldies act and I don't think that's a bad thing. He's got a tremendous legacy as a musician and I really regret the fact that I will probably never be able to afford a trip to see a legend play a song like "Let It Be" live.

But if anyone has listened to his recent albums, he doesn't sound like an oldies act to me. Save for MAF, the music he has made since Flaming Pie has been every bit as good as anything he has done in his solo career, if not quite as groundbreaking.

2. PhilCohen

PhilCohen Forum Resident

Or he could play Beatles songs that have never been played on stage("Martha My Dear", "Why Don't We Do It in The Road?")

3. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member Thread Starter

Conception, I know it's only opinion, but I disagree with you about MAF. Memory is one of McCartneys very best albums, so I would include it in that crowd of music that's as good as anything he's ever done.

4. propman

propman New Member

I saw McCartney in Dallas, and I'm 16. I am not the only one there that wasn't an old person. I saw plenty of young people, and as for the oldies act thing, he plays oldies (if you want to call them that) but he melts your face with them. His voice is still astounding, and so are the songs. Oldies act? No.

-Adam.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.