Is David Crosby If I Could Only Remember My Name CD/DVD already out of print?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by deadbirdie, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Um ... a dollar, wiseguy.
    Wanna take me up on it?:)

2. rjp

rjp Senior Member

there was some serious contoversy over the HDCD issue on IICORMN when it was released. stephen barncard said that the tapes were definitely shipped with HDCD encoding, but the final product was/is not HDCD.

renny

p.s. i highly doubt they'll fix it.

3. mgb70

mgb70 Senior Member

It would be nice if they offered a swap out like Rubber Soul from the Capitol Box 2 if the CD is being corrected with HDCD encoding as advertised (all the IICORMN tracks on the Voyage box are HDCD)....

4. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

And the CD portion of the IICORMN deluxe set says HDCD on the packaging as well as on the disc itself.

5. GabeG

GabeG New Member

How in the world did you come up with this conclusion??

6. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Well, first the Doors then David Crosby were deleted. A SACD by The Pixies is coming out soon.

7. Metoo

Metoo Forum Hall Of Fame

8. GabeG

GabeG New Member

No one has confirmed the crosby has been deleted, the doors set was always meant to come and go and the pixies haven't been distributed by elektra for a few years - Surfer Rosa is on 4ad. Not sure any of this qualifies as warner 'in a panic'.

I'm not saying warner is going to forever issue dvd-a discs, but they certainly aren't going to sacd. As far as I know, warner is the only major labor releasing hi-rez on a regular basis.

9. Many of the Warner DVD-A's are very difficult to find now. Try finding Donald Fagen DVD-A's "Nightfly" and "Kamakiriad". ELP "Brain Salad Surgery", Fleetwood Mac "Rumours", I could name dozens many people are having a hard time finding now. The "Nightfly" test market DualDisc can be found at Music for a Song, both online and at some stores, but the original DVD-A hasn't been seen at any retail outlet online or brick and mortar store new by me in a long time. I saw "Rumours" at an Amazon market seller and eBay sell for $80 recently, there is a thread here. I listed a new one and only got $41 on eBay but a number of them hit the auction site after the price went up, so I was hurt by competition. Demand for these titles isn't much, but supply is nearly nothing.

Chris

10. It would be nice, but I won't request mine be replaced. I am so grateful to Warner for the great job they did on their DVD-A's and I feel certain the effort resulted in losses with the pathetic sales. The mistake on the CD was a goof by somebody, but requiring they spend the money to send me a free one won't be necessary for me. I have about three dozen WEA surround discs and think they are terrific as a group. Without the WEA DVD-A releases, the format wouldn't have amounted to much for me. This album was completely missed by me back in the early 70's when released and the mix and fidelity are very nice. I didn't realize Crosby could carry a solo album, although he did have pretty good musicians with him. I can't decode HDCD in my car in any event, which is the only place that CD will ever spin.

Chris

11. David Powell

David Powell Well-Known Member

The Borders store near me in Atlanta has recently re-stocked several Warner DVD-A selections, including the David Crosby, as well as both Sailing To Philadelphia and Shangri-La from Mark Knopfler. I don't think these are out-of-print, they're just manufactured in small numbers.:realmad:

12. bangsezmax

bangsezmax Forum Resident

13. Dave D

Dave D Done!

14. Dave D

Dave D Done!

:confused:

www.becausesoundmatters.com

15. bangsezmax

bangsezmax Forum Resident

So what's up with that? I've been anxiously awaiting some news from Warner's on that front.

16. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

For those who have bought this cd, are you playing in hdcd decoded player or windows media player to see if it comes up a "hdcd" indication light? Let's us know. Has anyone contacted Rhino about this?

17. ec461

ec461 Forum Resident

The Neil Young Massey Hall CD/DVD had a "Because sound matters" sticker on the cover on Warner's website.

18. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

I just ordered IICORMN w/DVD-A from Amazon UK; with shipping to Canada it comes to £14.14..not bad, the cd itself was only £11.06 which is cheaper than the advertised price on the website....in checkout the price came up less.

19. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Could just be VAT isn't charged to foreign customers and is deducted during checkout. VAT is included in the price on the website. Could be some sort of law in the UK to include VAT in the advertised price.

20. musicalbeds

Could be, but I ordered my Perception Doors set from Amazon UK and the price wasn't different in checkout, so who knows?

21. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

My light does not go on. It is not HDCD.

22. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Also check Thread #29

23. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Please tell us if the redbook CD is HDCD ... thanks.

24. musicalbeds

Will do, but I'm not expecting it to be HDCD....

25. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

After buying this a couple of weeks after release I finally opened it up and played it today. Actually it's still playing on repeat.

I thought it would be a good idea to make sure it's not defective before they all disappear from stores.

Never heard this music before. The instrumentation has a bit of a Neil Young sound to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.