Internet Radio Shows by Forum Members

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BillWX, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillWX

BillWX Forum Resident Thread Starter

Happy Easter...or spring..whatever you like!
    I had quite a lively bunch listening (and watching the vinyl spin) last night..so..
    I'll be doing another live show today (April 24, 2011) from 4-? pm EDT (20:00-?? UT/GMT) on Ustream. (Shows usually run 2-3 hours.) It'll be another variety show featuring vinyl.
    The link is the same as always.
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/lost-planet-radio

Happy listening/viewing!

-Bill

2. CaptainOzone

CaptainOzone On Air Cowbell

There are a few archived shows of mine from a long time ago available here:

http://www.oldiessuperhighway.com/captain ozone/show 4/Captain%2520Ozone%2520Show%25204.html

This will launch show #4 but you can click on one of the other "Captain Ozone" links it will play that one.
    These are pre-'70 oldies shows done in the old style and if you can't stand twin-track stereo they probably aren't for you. There's quite a bit of variety in these shows, in fact we sometimes jokingly called it "The Captain Ozone all-over-the-road show."

Give my good friend DJ Blast a try too.

3. BillWX

Happy post-rapture day!
    Since we're all still here....I hope...
    I'll be spinning the tunes on Lost Planet Radio's Ustream channel again today - May 22, 2011.
    The time is 5-7 pm EDT (21:00-23:00 UT/GMT). The show will be a variety, but will feature the music of ELO. So a little bit of everything, but a little more ELO related stuff. :)
    The link is: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/lost-planet-radio
    There will be a live chat during the show, so feel free to hop in and make suggestions or join the chatter.

-Bill

4. Nate-O-Phonic

Nate-O-Phonic I didn't get a Harrumph! outta that guy...

I have gone from guest host to being in regular rotation with two other hosts and occasional guests on DangerousMinds.net. Past shows are archived, and my current show is up now. It also is downloadable via I-tunes. It's a cool site for stuff even without The Dangerous Minds Radio Hour. Oh yeah-- some Steve Hoffman stuff is in this episode (#22).

5. BillWX

Greetings!
    It's a holiday weekend (here in the U.S.) and time to play some music!
    I'll be live on Lost Planet Radio's Ustream channel tonight! 6:30-8:30 pm EDT (22:30-0:30 GMT) - May 28. 2011. Playing a variety of music..NO FORMAT! Watch below or go to the Ustream site for live chat/suggestions during the show!
    As of now, I plan on playing a lot of vinyl - but all formats are fair game.
    Audio will be streaming at 224 kbps!

Feel free to give a listen/view!

-Bill

6. BillWX

Last weekend's show was so much fun and had quite a few listeners/viewers that it went over an hour overtime! So I'm doing another show today - Sun., June 5, 2011.
    The time for this show will be an hour earlier - 4-6 pm EDT (20:00-22:00 UTC) and will also feature a variety of music with a little bit more ELO.
    The link is the same:
    I plan on playing lots of vinyl!
    Suggestions are welcome during the live chat during the show on Ustream.

-Bill

7. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I have to say that Bill's shows are enjoyable and very entertaining to listen to. He has a nice selection of vinyl to enjoy and some very funny Dr. Demento to make it as good a radio show as you'll find on the Internet or radio program, to be sure. Give Bill's show a listen and you won't "come and go". Bill's a very talented guy!

:righton:

8. BillWX

Greetings!
    Thanks for the kind words, rburly! Glad you enjoy the shows. I have a lot of fun doing them.
    A quick note that I'll be playing "ELO and Related Material" today (June 26, 2011) on the Ustream channel of Lost Planet Radio. The time will be 6-8 pm EDT (22:00-0:00 GMT). And the link...

There will be live chat on Ustream during the show.

-Bill

9. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

As you may have noticed elsewhere, my new internet station is up and running:

www.arielstream.com

I've put together a fresh format of laid-back, pop-ish, trip-hop, granola and a number of other musical directions you don't tend to hear together on commercial radio.
    It's been running in my office for months, but just getting its' sea legs online in the last week or so.

Attached Files:

10. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I was on the verge of doing one of my own internet shows but then read the damn DMRC rules and lost interest.

11. BillWX

Happy holiday weekend! (In the U.S.)
    A quick note that I'll be playing a variety of music tonight (July 1, 2011) on different formats (vinyl, tape, CD, digital, etc..) from 7 - 9 pm EDT. The show will be on Lost Planet Radio's regular Live365 stream. There will also be chat in the LPR chat room. Listen links and how to get to the chat room are at:
    http://radio.thelostplanet.net
    My shows are entirely live and analog mixed up to the point of streaming.
    Note: This show will NOT be on Ustream. Only on Live365.

Feel free to listen in and join the chat during the show!

-Bill

12. BillWX

Greetings again!

Another quick note that I'll be playing a variety of tunes on Lost Planet Radio this evening (Aug. 2, 2011) from 7-9 pm EDT (23:00-01:00 UT). The stream will be on Livestream and can be viewed/listened to at http://radio.thelostplanet.net/lprchat.html
    The feature will be vinyl spinning on the turntables (although all formats are game during the show). There will be live chat during the show and suggestions are welcome!
    The stream is very robust and the audio quality is very good. :)

-Bill

13. omom

omom Forum Resident

I co-host a weekly podcast where we interview music and comedy based personalities. Our most recent guest is Weird Al drummer Bermuda Schwartz. We're slowly expanding into music, though until I figure out all the copyright issues, it will be from independent artists.

You can check it out at www.fromoutofnowhere.com
    Facebook: From Out Of Nowhere
    iTunes: search From Out Of Nowhere Podcast

Cheers,

Rob

14. Slokes

Slokes Cruel But Fair

Congratulations, you do a great show, especially with your humor, knowledge, and ability to mix things up between well-known songs and much less commonly heard ones and rarities. I only wish I had another means of scrolling through your many interesting and informative shows than the chronology-based tool on your website. Some kind of thematic organization would be nice, as it appears to me you design at least some of your shows around various ideas, like the "Stars On 45" spotlight show or your recent Clarence Clemons tribute.

15. Dillydipper

:agree: He does, doesn't he.

I don't have a "show" on the net, but I've started my own station. I wrote a format based on musically-accessible pop, trip-hop, with some folk and granola; in some kinder, bizarro world, it could be considered "Adult Contemporary"...but then, the kool kids wouldn't listen because the name would frighten them off. Instead of going with instantly-recognizable "hits" for that comfort zone, I choose music for its' groove.

Now playing on Ariel Stream: Hooverphonic - No More Sweet Music

16. BillWX

Greetings!
    Another quick note if you're a Jeff Lynne/ELO fan. I'll be running a live "ELO and Related Songs/Artists" show tonight (Aug. 6, 2011) from 7-9 pm EDT (23:00-01:00 UT).
    There will be live chat during the show and it should be able to be heard on most browsers. The link to the station page where you can view/listen and join the chat is: http://radio.thelostplanet.net/lprchat.html

-Bill

17. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Senior Member

I don't have my own radio show, but I guest co-host on a fairly regular basis on Smooth Blues Saturday Night with Qquincy (yes two Qs) on WXJZ, which streams on www.wxjz.fm. It's a smooth jazz station, hence the name, but the blues played on that show are not particularly "smooth".

The show goes from 9 pm - 3 am Eastern time on Saturday nights. I will program the first hour tonight (9 - 10 pm).

18. BillWX

Greetings!
    It's been a while since I did a Saturday show, so today is the day! (Aug. 13, 2011).
    I'll be playing a variety of music (mostly pop and rock) from 5-7 pm EDT (21:00-23:00 UT) on Lost Planet Radio's Livestream channel. There will be live chat during the show and suggestions are always welcome.
    The link is http://radio.thelostplanet.net/lprchat.html

Happy listening!

-Bill

19. BillWX

It's a rainy Sunday evening here in NJ, so I'll be spinning the tunes again tonight from 7-9 pm EDT (23:00-01:00 UT) - Aug. 14, 2011. The music/video stream will be on Livestream again and the show will feature a variety of music on vinyl, CD, tape and digital. Feel free to "tune" in. There will be live chat during the show and suggestions are always welcome!
    http://radio.thelostplanet.net/lprchat.html

-Bill

20. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

As many of you know, I do host a Gospel music radio show on a commercial radio station every Sunday morning with a diverse approach.

21. BillWX

Happy Holidays!

I'll be doing a live 'net radio show tonight (12/24/2011), starting at 7:30 pm EST. (0:30 UT)
    Featuring a variety of music and holiday tunes from NJ/U.S.A.
    There will be live chat during the show and it should last 2-3 hours.
    Feel free to join the live chat and listen in on Lost Planet Radio's Livestream channel - http://radio.thelostplanet.net/lprchat.html

-Bill

22. bitman

bitman New Member

I have a show online called Forgotten 45s...50-70's hits that generally aren't played on oldies radio anymore. Click the 'listen' link at Forgotten45s.com

David

23. ChrisPineo

ChrisPineo Active Member

I just started a thread on Live365 and was directed here. I have a Live365 station (see my sig). I don't do any talking so its more like a playlist at this time. My format is very flexible. I play what I like. Right now I have a 50-50 split of current and classic stuff but soon I'll go back to mostly classic stuff.

I've experimented with a couple of ideas. One was called the "Night Shift" which was a different themed playlist that ran at night. One month it was a space theme, another month a fantasy theme, in October I did a horror theme. I ran out of ideas so I stopped that. I then started selecting 30 or so albums a month and playing 4 tracks from each. Now I'm back to just playing music. My station is set to be finished in late March (stopped auto pay) but they have a cheap package for under $50 a year so I might continue with that.

I like playing music I like, promoting good music that isn't heard often (enough) and I've always wanted a radio station. Live365 has allowed me to do that on a small scale and I've enjoyed it.

This thread has been interesting and they type of thread I was trying to start. Thanks.

24. Dillydipper

Chris, are you letting them host your music files, or do you stream them from your home base like I do?

Now playing on Ariel Stream: Owl City - Deer In The Headlights

25. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

For those into old time radio shows, I host the Jack Benny Show - OTR Podcast every day!

Here is our current schedule:

Sundays - Phil Harris and Alice Fay Show (1952) and Jack Benny Show (1952)

Mondays - Martin and Lewis (1952) and Bing Crosby Show (1947 or 1952)

Tuesdays - Suspense (1947 or 1952) and Jack Benny Show (1947)

Wednesdays - Red Skelton (1942) and Gunsmoke (1952)

Thursdays - Great Gildersleeve (1942) and Jack Benny Show (1942)

Fridays - Fibber McGee and Molly (1942) and Fred Allen Show (1942)

Saturday - Fred Allen Show (1937) and Jack Benny Show (1937)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.