Internet Radio Shows by Forum Members

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BillWX, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm on weekly at 11:00 pm here (.pls stream). The name of my show is, "Sunbaked and Sandblasted: The Desert Rock Hour". I play bands like Kyuss, Queens of the Stone Age, Wolfmother, Lowrider, etc. I've only been doing it for a month but it's a lot of fun.

Our station has other great shows, here's the home page link.

-s1m0n-

2. BillWX

BillWX Forum Resident Thread Starter

Greetings,
    I'm pulling up this thread again because of a show I'm doing shortly..as in today.
    4-6 pm EDT (20-22:00 GMT)
    It'll be a free-form variety show with old stuff, new stuff and some fun. While it not feature anything in particular, I have pulled out some old 12" singles from the '80s and '90s - so if anyone is interested in those extended or alternate mixes, you might enjoy some of the stuff played.
    More info and how to listen is at Lost Planet Radio.

Happy listening!

-Bill

3. BillWX

Pulled this thread back up for all the ELO/Jeff Lynne fans out there!
    I'll be playing the music of ELO and related songs and artists (and some other fun stuff) today - Sat. 11/28/09. 6-8 pm ET (23:00-01:00 GMT) on Lost Planet Radio.
    Just click the link for details and how to listen.

Enjoy! :D

-Bill

4. glea

glea Forum Resident

I do a show at a terrestrial station, KGLT.fm. There is a live stream found at www.kglt.net. My shows are archived here playlists-2009 You will also find play lists. My show won't fit neatly into any sort a category. I like a lot of music, and have the collection to back it up. I'm on every other Friday, 3-6pm Mountain Time. 4th of December will be my next time up. I split my show with a woman from Milan, who does an amazing show. She's a lot younger so there is a lot of discovery going on, as well as deep knowledge of new music she likes.

I love the thrill of creating a radio show on the fly. I just need the first song, and I'm set. Having a prime time show means I have to entertain the masses, but I can still put my own touch on the proceedings. I've been doing radio since 1968, so I think I've worked the bugs out.

A documentary about kglt has recently been released. you can view the trailer here. Where The DJ's Roam KGLT has a strong connection to Bay Area radio and KSAN in particular. btw, I did the score for the film as well as appearing in it a bit.

5. BillWX

Dug this thread back up I'm doing another VINYL ONLY show today that some forum members might enjoy. NO format, so the show will go in whatever direction it goes. All live. :D
    4-6 pm EDT, today - Aug. 15, 2010 on Lost Planet Radio. http://radio.thelostplanet.net has all the info and how to listen on Live365.
    I'll be pulling out the 12" singles and some favorites from my college radio days on WKNJ here in NJ.

Happy listening!

-Bill

6. TonyCurrie

TonyCurrie Member

I run a web station, Radio Six International, that has grown into a small network with 18 stations taking our syndicated shows, including AM/FM in strange corners of the planet. Plus listeners online in 173 countries.

Three shows perhaps of interest to forum members (all times are GMT so make your own necessary adjustments and UK listeners remember that the UK is currently an hour ahead of GMT). Transmissions marked* are also on 1395AM across Europe:

"The Lively Lounge" is my own weekly show devoted to pop instrumentals (with the occasional vocal). It's been running for five years and is one of our most popular shows in syndication. Thur 07:00/Fri 00:00*/Fri 19:00/Sat 10:00/Sun 21:00

"Soundwave with John Cavanagh" covers alternatives, rareties, 78s, live sessions and all sorts put together by a host who uniquely has run his own shows on all 5 of the BBC's networks. Fri 21:00/Sat 09:00/Sun 07:00/Mon 19:00/Thu 00:00*

"Fresh Garbage" is my weekly review show with new music from indie/unsigned bands.
    Sat 01:00/Sat 20:00/Sun 23:00/Tue 19:00

www.radiosix.com

7. Scott S.

Scott S. lead singer for the best indie band on earth

I perform live on Second Life. Am doing a concert tonight at 10 PM PST at the Brill Perplex

8. BillWX

Greetings,
    A quick note that I'll be running a live show today (9/4/10) featuring a variety of music. The time is 5-7 pm EDT (21:00-23:00 UTC) on Lost Planet Radio.
    I'm planning on pulling out the 12" singles with different versions of songs as well as some new stuff - pretty much '80s to today. Rock, pop, alternative, new wave, etc...
    All formats will be used (vinyl, tape, digital) during the show and requests/suggestions are always welcome!
    Maybe I'll turn the webcam on and point it at the turntables during the show. :D
    Happy listening!

-Bill

9. Sounds fun thanks. :)

-s1m0n-

10. Me and my dad do sports broadcasts for the local radio station on Sunday afternoon every 3 or 4 weeks. The station is online at http://www.lonradio.nl.

11. chicofishhead

chicofishhead Forum Resident

I'll have to check out your show. I got turned on to Luxuria recently because my friend Tim's brother Erik does a show on Tuesday evenings that's pretty cool. The show that follows is Intoxica, and that guy plays some great music, but I can't stand the way he disrespects the music and his audience by playing that loud voice saying "Intoxica" at some point during every single song. I feel like he's taking a dump on the music. I always turn it off after a few songs because of this.

I'm occasionally on terrestrial community radio KZFR 90.1 FM that's also online at kzfr.org.

12. BillWX

A quick update...I'm doing the show now! I did pull quite a bit of vinyl from the shelves - mostly 12" singles and EPs. Also some new stuff.
    Feel free to email suggestions! This show is going in all directions. :D

-Bill

13. BillWX

Holiday greetings!

A quick note for ELO fans! I'll be doing a live "ELO and Related Songs and Artists" show today (Dec. 12, 2010) from 6:30 to about 8:30 pm EST. (23:30-01:30 UTC)
    Details, schedule changes and how to listen via Live365 are at the station website.

Happy listening!

-Bill

14. Nate-O-Phonic

Nate-O-Phonic I didn't get a Harrumph! outta that guy...

15. BillWX

Happy New Year!
    I'm going to hop in again with an all-vinyl live show again today. (Jan. 2, 2011)
    It will be a "variety" show with maybe a little bias toward ELO on the Ustream channel of Lost Planet Radio.
    Time will be 4 pm - ? pm EST (21:00-?? UTC), today - Jan. 2, 2011.
    The direct link is http://www.ustream.tv/channel/lost-planet-radio

The regular broadcast is on Live365, but this show will be on Ustream only.
    I'll probably turn the camera on the turntables for fun, too.
    (Tech. SL1200 MK2 and modded Stanton ST-100.)

Enjoy the tunes!
    -Bill

16. BillWX

Greetings,
    For those interested, I'll be running a Ustream live radio/video show again starting at 6 pm EST (23:00 UTC) today (1/16/11). It'll be a mix of audio formats of old ('70s-'80s) to more recent stuff - so it'll be a variety. Mostly rock and pop. For fun and giggles, I'll do my '70s-'80s "DJ thing" for the camera. :frog:
    Show should run about 2 hours, but I've been known to go overtime.
    Click here for the Ustream link.
    Enjoy!

-Bill

17. BillWX

Greetings,

A quick note that I'll be doing another variety show on Ustream for Lost Planet Radio tonight (Feb. 20, 2011). Show time starts at 6:30 pm EST (23:30 UTC). Show will last probably 2 hrs or so. The link is:
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/lost-planet-radio
    The feature will be 12" singles/extended/remixes, but will be a variety show - so anything goes.

-Bill

18. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

It's on right now. Very cool! Great job, BillWX!

19. BillWX

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the show. I had fun spinnin' the tunes. :D

-Bill

20. If I want to broadcast where should I start? And what about the copyright for songs to be played? I have some free space at my hosting provider, domains etc.
    PMs are OK.

Andrew

21. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

That's some very entertaining crap! I appreciate your efforts, as do the Whitburn fans.

22. Thanks!

Just finished a tribute to WLOL, a top 40 station in Minneapolis that was on the air from 1981 to 1991, and signed off 20 years ago this week. They made a BIG deal at their sign-off, and their last day on the air was spectacular: one hour dedicated to each of the 10 years they were on the air. Unheard of at the time, to the best of my knowledge. My 90-minute show this week was WLOL's last day in its entirety in telescoped form, with all the music cut out. (It's how radio people hear radio - we listen for the stuff between the songs.) It's sure to be one of my most polarizing shows ever - you'll either think it's the greatest tribute ever for another radio station, or you'll be sworn off "Crap From The Past" forever.

It's all here.

23. BillWX

Greetings,
    I'm heading off to browse records and CDs today in Princeton, NJ at the infamous record exchange. (Today is Sunday, Feb. 27, 2011)
    Then starting at 6 pm EST (23:00 UTC), I'll be doing a live radio/video show on Ustream again. It'll be a variety show but feature vinyl spinning on the 2 turntables. Feel free to view and listen in!
    The link to view is the same...
    The show will probably be about 2 hrs.

Enjoy!

-Bill

24. BillWX

Greetings again!
    For those interested, I'll be doing a live radio/video program on Ustream again today - March 6, 2011. The time is 5-?? pm EST (22:00-?? GMT).
    It'll be a variety and a lot of vinyl being played.
    The link is the same to listen/view.

I've gotten questions about the audio quality. I think it streams fairly well and at 192 kbps in stereo. The video is lesser quality, but it's the audio that counts! :)

Feel free to listen in!

-Bill

25. BillWX

It's a rainy, gray day here in NJ - so I'm going to do a radio show since it's gloomy out!
    It'll be a variety show, featuring vinyl spinning on the turntables on Ustream.
    The time is 5:30-8:30 pm EDT (21:30-00:30 GMT/UT), today - April 23, 2011.
    The link's the same as before.

I'll also be hosting a live chat during the show on Ustream, so stop in and make some suggestions or just join the chat.
    Right now it looks like I'll pull out some electronic, ELO, '80s, classic rock and comedy. But anything goes. ;)

Happy listening!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.