In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida versions

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by reddyempower, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fortherecord

fortherecord Senior Member

That's an RCA pressing, can tell by the label. Never seen one myself.

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

thanks my friend, but that means nothing to me? please clarify the relevance if any? as I remember it did sound fabulous...

3. Arkoffs

Arkoffs Remote member

I think it's good to revive this thread every year or so. heh.

I found a cut I have not encountered before a couple days ago. Yellow label, probably from the late '60s. Signed by AB (Al Brown) on both sides. Just letting it spin without getting technical, it sounds pretty nice, actually. I'll report back more when I can A-B with the first press (the DT1/DT2 variation).

4. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Just listening to my MFSL CD for the first time in years. Are there any official edits of the title track other than the 3 minute single edit? I wish there was a 5 to 8 minute version of this track. I can listen to that great riff over and over, but 17 minutes is a bit much.

5. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

6. Stephen J

Stephen J Forum Resident

Call me a heretic if you like, but I have more of a fondness for Slayer's 1987 cover:

agentalbert likes this.
  7. quicksilverbudie

quicksilverbudie quicksilverbudie

17 minutes isn't much when comparing to the Dead or some other bands. At least it goes through some changes to make it interesting. I luv it! Plus I play album sides so>

sean

8. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Thanks. I make a lot of cd-r's for the car, usually just of one artist. But I'm making some with songs where there are only 1 or 2 that I feel like listening to. Things like Mississipi Queen, Black Betty, Flirtin' With Disaster, Children Of The Sun, In A Gadda Da Vida. No disrepsect to any of those artists, I just don't need a full 80 minutes of Mountain or Billy Thorpe for the car. I have the full albums for when I want to listen to them. I was hoping to include this track (Gadda) without using up 17 minutes of space. I'll probably just use the single version, but I might fool around with a custom edit. There's probably a way to do it with some creative cross-fading. Anyone here ever tried making a custom edit of this track?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.