Ian Anderson says that MP3 is Better Than Vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by therockman, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thurenity

Thurenity Listening to some tunes

Sometimes the lossy download IS better. I have several craptastic LP's - it's all about the mastering.

2. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Can't wait to see the show in Houston on Oct. 27!:D

3. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

UK price for TAAB/TAABII is £59 according to Diverse Vinyl. Release date is 5th November. It includes repro of the original newspaper art work.

4. I wonder if they'll use the UK version... or the US version of that paper...

5. Terry

Terry Senior Member

I'm keeping mine.

6. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

He also said a Shure V-15 is worth five or six thousand dollars. Maybe he's just joking. I'll be buying the vinyl reissues.

7. eyeCalypso

eyeCalypso Forum Resident

No, I wasn't asking about price, I was implying the reasong for the vinyl reissues of TAAB and pt.2 was that he's only in it for the money.

8. Hoser Rob

Hoser Rob Member

Compared with what a lot of people are using for a phono system ... probably most of them ... yes, a properly encoded 320Kb/s MP3 is better.

9. ca1ore

ca1ore Forum Resident

Or perhaps he and the record company are simply releasing on the formats that they think will sell? Not sure what this has to do with what he might or might not think about relative sound quality. Heck, if that were the case, we'd be getting lossless surround.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.