Hulk Hogan's album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I was the ring announcer for the Insane Wrestling Federation. Chris Hero, Bryan Danielson, and Colt Cabana were in a three way dance to crown the IWF champion. I was really looking forward to watching the match since I had never seen Danielson work. I had heard tons of good stuff about him. Met him backstage to get his intro and he was very nice and worked with me(not everyone I worked with "nice")

The semi main event was Sabu Vs Corporal Robinson. Typical hardcore match involving weapons and a couple tables. One table was just plain shattered. Sabu won.

The referee and I were picking up chunks of wood and screws off the mat right up til the ring introductions. Didn't want these guys getting unintentionally wounded in our ring. Out first was Chris Hero. I have worked with Chris a couple of times, In fact he was my son's favorite wrestler and wore his T shirt to school(impressing a couple of people he did not hang with). I gave him his big intro and he hit the ring and ran up on the turnbuckles. I was center ring and saw a shard of wood we missed stuck in the seam. I bent over to pick it off the canvas and BAM!!!!!!! Chris had done a blind back flip off the top turnbuckle and landed one boot with a direct hit to the back of my head. I was out cold at that point. The boot slammed my head into the mat and I snapped back flat on my back. I was only out for a few seconds I guess, and my first memory after was why was there cool air on my face. I had sussed out what happened when one of the guys got into the ring to check on me as I was not moving. "JJ are you OK!? I said out the side of my mouth "I'm selling. Get me the hell out of here". I had to remind these guys what kayfabe MEANS. I am a ring announcer. I CANNOT get up from a shot like that. I had to be carried out for two reasons, one to keep the show moving, and most importantly to push these wrestlers ability to take the kind of blow that ended my night. When they put me down backstage I was Pissed. Not at Chris. Not at anyone. I was pissed because I couldn't watch the match and be in the title awarding. One of the guys was impressed enough to tell me I was well trained.

Colt Cabana won our title, but only defended once before he signed with the WWE and we looked for a new champ. Such is life in the indies.

I certainly had a concussion. I got over it. I kept my eyes on Hero from then on though.

longaway likes this.
  2. mschrist

mschrist Forum Resident

Thanks for posting that, JamieC!

We have wrestlers on our forum. This is truly a magical place.

3. Sammy Banderas

Sammy Banderas Forum Resident

Awesome story, JamieC! Loved all the KAYFABE lingo in there!:agree:

4. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

I happened to find this thread and wondered if any one has actually seen a copy of the Michael Hayes album for sale? Was it ever officially released on CD?

5. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I have seen this at a few record shows on CD. Probably a boot. I am not sure that Badstreet USA wasn't a cassette only release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.