Hulk Hogan's album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

You forgot Colt Cabana and Copacabana by Manilow! THAT always cracked me up. I could tell you a story about a match between Bryan, Cabana, and Chris Hero I worked. Short story I got carried out of the ring.

2. markaberrant

markaberrant Forum Resident

One of my bands always came onstage to this music as well.

3. TStewart422

TStewart422 Forum Resident

TOTALLY forgot about Copacabana! Seeing him run to the ring like a house of fire with that playing is one of my favorite in-house memories of RoH.

Ah, Hero. He'll be in WWE before the end of the year, methinks. He's too good not to. Took them long enough to finally get he and Claudio in Deep South.

Never quite made it to the level of working with guys like that. Reffed Nigel McGuiness a couple of times, but other than that, not much.

4. Marshall

Marshall Forum Resident

A bit of trivia...Simon Cowell was the executive producer of a 1993 UK release titled "WrestleMania: The Album". Mike Stock and Pete Waterman (from the 80's producing team of Stock Aitken Waterman with the Kylie hits, etc.) were the main producers of the album, which resulted in two top 20 UK singles. An instrumental version of one of them, "WrestleMania", became Linda McMahon's entrance music. I don't think they play the song for her these days as she runs for the Senate in Connecticut again.

Marshall

My article on the new Complete Underdog TV series DVD box set:

http://marshfish.hubpages.com/hub/Complete-Underdog-TV-series-arrives-on-DVD

5. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

That albums is a guilty pleasure of mine to be sure! It's so cheesy… including a Macho Man Randy Savage rap song (!).

6. Marshall

Marshall Forum Resident

How much of his original entrance music did they use for Big Boss Man's "Hard Times" on "WrestleMania: The Album"? The original "Hard Times" Boss Man (Ray Traylor)'s entrance music pretty good.

Someone can correct me, but I think Jim Johnston has produced the WWE entrance theme songs for most of the wrestlers/superstars for a long time now.

Marshall

7. Hamhead

Hamhead The Bear From Delaware

How can you all talk Rock & Wrasslin' and there's not one mention of NRBQ and Captain Lou Albano's "Capatain Lou" 45 single that was only sold at the matches. Tom Ardolino told me a great story where they're on there way to the Uncle Floyd Show taping early in the morning and the band is trying to show Lou how to lip sync, plus Lou had one too many. The clip is hysterical if you never saw it, I can't find it on Youtube (it's blocked where I'm at). He can't figure out how to lip sync but he catches on at the end.

8. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

A few more off the top of my head:
    Steiner Brothers (and later Bam Bam Bigelow) - Welcome to the Jungle
    US Express - Born in the U.S.A.
    Rock N Roll Express - Old Time Rock 'n' Roll
    Studd Stable - Hard to Handle
    Dirty White Boy Tony Anthony - Dirty White Boy
    Jimmy Garvin - Sharp Dressed Man

Too many ECW to mention since almost everyone's theme was well known (The Sandman - Enter Sandman; Shane Douglas - Perfect Strangers; Raven - Come Out and Play; Tommy Dreamer - Man in the Box; Chris Candido (RIP) - Back in Black; Rob Van Dam - Walk)

9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I see his sister Kelly Hogan's album is coming out soon on Anti. I'm wondering if they do a duet.

10. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

You mean his daughter?

11. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

No, his daughter is Brooke.

12. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Sorry got my reality show daughters mixed up!

13. off_2_the_side

off_2_the_side Senior Member

Now this one is old school :)

[​IMG]

14. Marshall

Marshall Forum Resident

I'd love to see the YouTube clip of the Captain's appearance on the Uncle Floyd Show if you can find the link.

Captain Lou Albano was a big part of the Rock and Wrestling connection. with his "feud" with Cyndi Lauper and her manager Dave Wolf. Of course, Lou appeared in Cyndi's videos for Girls Just Wanna Have Fun and Time After Time, playing her dad.

Marshall

15. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I remember Siki! Came to the ring with a mirror in each hand. He had a hand in training Christian and Edge they told me.

16. 905

905 Senior Member

World Class wrestling in the 80s was great for music.
    Besides the Von Erichs and Freebirds mentioned already, I remember Iceman King Parsons with We Are Family, and IIRC Dynamic Duo used Bad To The Bone. Later on I remember Chris Adams using I Won't Back Down.

17. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

+1
    I lived in Fort Worth at that time and saw many of these historic events first hand. I was there when Parsons and Adams debuted for example. The Will Rogers Colosseum, the Sportatorium(Killer sound system the boys had set up in those days), Reunion arena..... Gad, I miss those days.

18. markaberrant

markaberrant Forum Resident

Don't forget "Beautiful" Beauregarde's - Testify LP from 1972, featuring Greg Sage of the Wipers on guitar. Pretty cool stuff. Was reissued a few years ago on Zeno Records.

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRLQZspS4MY

19. Walt

Walt Forum Resident

Norton Records sells a 7" reissue (here- scroll down)... that's how I heard of it (and I thought I heard 'em all). :cheers:

20. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

The earliest wrestling album I have is an MGM LP by Antonio Rocca(he actually is listed as the conductor)circa 1960.

21. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Attached Files:

22. Walt

Walt Forum Resident

23. Sammy Banderas

Sammy Banderas Forum Resident

24. Sammy Banderas

Sammy Banderas Forum Resident

Speaking of wrestling entrance themes, I didn't find out until years later that Jeff Lynne produced the Rock N' Roll Express' theme song. Well, maybe they "borrowed" the song from ELO. Don't believe me ... check this epic entrance out!:laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMOii2l3zCw

25. Demolition Man

Demolition Man Forum Resident

I'd love to hear that story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.