Hulk Hogan's album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

2. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

3. Hamhead

Hamhead The Bear From Delaware

I collect that stuff, my favorite is still Jerry Lawler & the Nunnery Brothers band.

The King Sings

His version of Cinamon Girl is one for the books.

I would love to hear Kevin Sullivan do metal

4. PaulKTF

I'm waiting for The Ultimate Warrior's Tribute To Bob Dylan myself.

5. Marshall

Marshall Forum Resident

6. JRB

JRB Forum Resident

7. PROG U.K.

PROG U.K. Audiophile-Anglophile

8. mschrist

mschrist Forum Resident

This thread is unbelievable. I'm humbled, for having virtually nothing worthwhile to contribute that has not appeared already, and for having seen so many bizarre things that I had never seen before. I thought I knew a lot about music, and even though I am wont to admit it I also thought I knew a lot about wrestling, but I clearly know nothing.

9. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

10. Kevin W

Kevin W Well-Known Member

Here's Jerry doing "Wimpbusters". Check out the cameos in this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjgwAfi9eIo

11. JRB

JRB Forum Resident

Hart was with the band, but that was Larry Raspberry doing the lead vocals.

I bet Hart never imagined when he was doing this that one day he'd be doing this.

12. FourWalledWorld

Warrior, you say? :D
    http://youtu.be/d5Q_KSD3Fes (Language warning)

13. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

When I saw the thread title I thought you meant his photo album

14. off_2_the_side

off_2_the_side Senior Member

I don't know a lot about Exotic Adrian Street but he seems like a must-mention for this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbSfgOHun1w

There are lots more music videos of his on YouTube, but I take it this was his only actual single?

[​IMG]

15. markaberrant

markaberrant Forum Resident

I have the Jimmy Hart "Outrageous Conduct" album on cassette from 1986, ripped it to digital a few years ago. I think it was released on vinyl as well. It has "We Hate School" as already mentioned, as well as a different version of "Eat Your Heart Out Rick Springfield" from the Piledriver album. It also has the country crossover SMASH HIT "Tammy Wynott (Give Old George Another Chance)."

Bought the Wrestling Album and Piledriver on cassette when they first came out, picked up a vinyl copy of the Wrestling Album a few years ago.

Also have the 12" "Pencil Neck Geek" EP from Classie Freddie Blassie on Rhino. Killer stuff, he does some great ranting and raving at the end of one side.

Saw the Honky Tonk Man wrestle at a local wrestling show about 7-8 years ago. He came out to his theme song which resulted in absolute pandemonium! His "wrestling" consisted of a tag team match where he stood around, then came into the ring to hit a guy with a chair and then quickly ended the match with his finisher, "the shake, rattle and roll." The place went nuts, and his theme song came on again, only this time he grabbed the mic and sang a live "duet" with himself! The song ended, and wouldn't you know it, they played it again, complete with the duet! AND THEN THEY PLAYED IT ONE MORE TIME, just in case you didn't get enough Honky Tonk Man!!! It was without a doubt the greatest night of wrestling and music I have ever enjoyed.

I should also mention that I am a punk rock musician and just about every band I have been in has had a wrestling theme/connection.

16. 905

905 Senior Member

I used to play the Piledriver cassette constantly. Crank It Up (hey, it's Jimmy Hart again!) was probably my favorite tune.

17. Sammy Banderas

Sammy Banderas Forum Resident

Add me to the growing list of folks here who think this is one the greatest threads on the SH forums ever!:righton:

I love reading all the different stories about all these songs. The last page or so of this thread has exposed me to music I never knew existed. That Adrian Street song ("Breakin' Bones") is stuck in my head for life now.:D

markaberrant, thanks for sharing that Honky Tonk Man story with all of us. He definitely has one of the greatest wrestling themes in the history of the biz! Just hearing that he performed three "encores" gave me goosebumps ... haha. I met Honky at a WrestleReunion event a few months back ... couldn't have been a nicer guy. Now I can say I met a wrestling and music legend!:laugh:

The PILEDRIVER album needs to be reissued on cd!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Stand Back," "Girls In Cars," "Jive Soul Bro" ... the world needs to hear these amazing songs again!:goodie:

18. Sammy Banderas

Sammy Banderas Forum Resident

Love it!!!!!!!!! Brian Wilson wishes he could have written that!:D

19. Pericles

Pericles Forum Resident

Great thread! Brings back fond childhood memories of my dad and I putting this album on and wrestling each other in the basement!

[​IMG]

20. PaulKTF

21. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Adrian Street. Hadn't thought of him in a while. Adrian(a Brit)and his valet/wife Miss Linda were a force for years in Florida. Playing a gay gimmick, he had a ton of talent, and in fact taught a number of wrestlers the trade. I remember seeing the ad for Streets album in the backs of wrestling magazines.

Vince McMahon blatently ripped him off creating "Adorable" Adrian Adonis(Keith Franke RIP).

22. FourWalledWorld

Has anyone ever heard Jim Brunzell's cover of Springsteen's "Badlands"? It's titled "Matlands" but I've never heard it and can't seem to find a current release of it. It came out on picture disc in the early 80s (want to say 82 maybe). Brunzell is a big Springsteen fan, btw.

EDIT: I don't believe this has been mentioned so far:
    Michael Hayes' cover of "The Boys Are Back in Town" - http://youtu.be/fStZEMt1mZI

23. TStewart422

TStewart422 Forum Resident

A wrestling thread here? Count me in!

To this day, I keep old wrestling themes on my iPod and occasionally crank them in the car (with the windows rolled up, of course)! My all-time favorite is Demolition's theme (another Derringer tune) which was probably the whole reason that I was a huge fan of them!

Wrestling either used to be really great or we all have selective memories (my vote's on used to be really great).

24. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

In the days before original themes(and still today in the indies)You picked a track that worked for your character

.Other early entrance themes.
    Junkyard Dog- Another One Bites The Dust
    Freebirds- Freebird
    Road Warriors - Iron Man
    Hulk Hogan - Eye Of The Tiger
    Randy Savage - Pomp And Circumstance
    Ric Flair - Thus Spake Zarathustra
    David Von Erich- LeGrange
    Kerry Von Erich - Tom Sawyer
    Kevin Von Erich - Stranglehold
    Sgt Slaughter - Marine Corp Hymn
    The Crusher - Beer Barrel Polka

25. TStewart422

TStewart422 Forum Resident

Some of the best modern-day uses of music are (all from the Indies):

CM Punk - AFI - Miseria Cantare (The Beginning) & Living Colour - Cult of Personality (which he actually conned WWE into letting him use)

Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan - Europe - The Final Countdown

The Briscoes (they have a redneck gimmick) - Lynyrd Skynyrd - Gimme Back My Bullets

Those are just a few examples from Ring of Honor when they used outside music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.