How can we convince Audio Fidelity to press more than 5,000 copies of each title?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gary, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curiosity

Curiosity Just A Boy

Not over here at least. Click on most and unavailable is your answer. :sigh:

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I can use a card, but I don't have the money to buy every single title, and then expect to have buyers for the ones I don't want. Too risky.

3. Matthew

Matthew Senior Member

My order has shipped! I would guess others with Amazon backorders will have got similar notifications.

4. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

CD Pacific has The Band, Pet Sounds, and School's Out in stock right now.

5. whoompley

whoompley Senior Member

I just got an email from CD Universe alerting me that they have The Band in stock.

6. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

No reprints have been issued yet, or even announced, and still this thread has lost it's steam.

Buyer demand seems to have been satiated, so perhaps the reprint idea wasn't a great one?

I'd hate to see the market flooded with AF product undesired, it wouldn't be in the company's best interest I should think.

7. Not sure what to think now.

8. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

Um, a few online retailers who had been OOS of The Band for a while, CD Pacific, buy.com, and CD Universe, have all restocked within the last week or two.

9. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

I think what is being said is this. All 5,000 or whatever werent pressed intially. So repress is refering to another installment of however many were going to be released originally.

Musicalbells is talking about a repress after the 5000.

10. Maggie

Maggie like a walking, talking art show

I think a lot of copies were 'found' if not necessarily reprinted about a week ago. A lot of retailers that had had Pet Sounds on backorder for weeks suddenly had copies. We'll see. Sorry musicalbeds - though you've been arguing your side passionately, I think you've yet to convince anyone. Most of those in this thread are firmly on the yes-repress side, and it looks like the Band at least _is_ being repressed.

11. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

It is good business for AF to press all the cds they can sell. AF doesn't give a **** if people make a profit selling out of print titles. AF only makes money on the titles they sell.

12. Music Emporium

Music Emporium Forum Resident

maybe it's not a reprint, but the original pressing plan of 5000 is done in two batches............we'll see anyhow

13. Music Emporium

Music Emporium Forum Resident

and probably they don't make money with inventory on the shelves either,.........both points are right..........

14. alanb

alanb Senior Member

BINGO!

15. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

Yeah,that's what I said earlier. Why would there be any repress after the 5,000 until they have actually sold out of the 5000? This is a funny thread LOL.

16. bw

bw Forum Resident

My local indie store ordered Pet Sounds and The Band for me about 2 weeks ago. Pet Sounds arrived today. Still no Band.

17. So, what is the latest status on this topic?

Have some of the titles now been pressed again? Did anybody ever see a CD title with a number higher than 5000?

It appears that some of these titles (all?) are back in stock at many retailers. Did anybody order any CD's lately? What numbers did you get?

Just kind of curious.

18. Maggie

Maggie like a walking, talking art show

My listening buddy and I each got a copy in the 3200s...

19. pig whisperer

pig whisperer CD Member

I still see all of these on the shelves in Tokyo. Maybe AF has to send fewer copies to Japan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.