Horace Parlan on BLUE NOTE: Stereo or mono??*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Richard the one in Texas, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

It is :righton:

2. jeffrey r

jeffrey r Member

3. serge

serge Forum Resident

learn something new every day...

4. TOCJ-4091

TOCJ-4091 Senior Member

Hey, I like your avatar. Still got my copy hiding out in the stax as well. I wonder how many of these were pressed? Remember that whacky promo flier they'd often have posted outside...on yellow paper, it had a picture of a kid petting a rat, and said something like "Kids like rats, but kids can't go to the rat unless they have proof of ID 18"... :righton:

5. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

ha! sure do. i was one of those kids....starting hangin' at the rat in '74, all of age 17. man, what a great time. boston music ain't been the same since they decided to close most of the clubs, starting with the rat. ahh, progress...

6. well, well, well....Acoustic Sounds has the Stereo version at $29.99 tonight8/10/07

7. dee

dee Senior Member

I like the sound of that one too. It's been a good listen for me. After a few listens, I've found the vibe maybe a bit too low-key at times, for my taste, but I guess it's sort of a classy and sophisticated kind of album and I am glad to finally be hearing it after being without it. I like Up and Down very much, and am looking forward to the upcoming XRCD of On the Spur of the Moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.