Hollies on CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rpd, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Senior Member

Wish someone like Real Gone would reissue the original mono singles without NoNoise or CEDAR processing.

Hep Alien likes this.
  2. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

I've got 20 Golden Greats and the 30th Anniversary Collection on CD so I think I'm good on the Hollies.

rockerreds likes this.
  3. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

I found the sound very disappointing on the Clarke Hicks Nash set. Not all of it, most of it does sound good, but there are digital clicks / interference on several tracks, I remember it being very noticeable on Pay You Back With Interest, but it's there on quite a few just random tracks on the discs that cover In The Hollies Style to For Certain Because. I bought it on day of release so I don't know if this was ever corrected. It instantly put me off the set.

What I did do was recompile the set into the original albums with the singles, B-sides & rarities etc as bonus tracks, using the Original Album Series sets as sources for the early albums. It got rid of most of the tracks affected by the 'clicks', though at least a couple of the rare tracks are affected too. Also, for some reason Running Through The Night sounds terrible on it. Rather than just using the mono mix, they used a stereo one from a really crappy source.

It's a shame that it's flawed to me at least, because I thought it was beautifully presented with an excellent booklet as well as priced cheaply.

Hep Alien likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.