Hi Rez downloads - how to play?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by duneman, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROLO46

ROLO46 Forum Resident

My friend copied some FLAC 96/24 music tracks to my external HD
    I converted to wav 96/24 in Max and played in ITunes
    The track displays and plays but no sound is heard
    I twiddled the Midi/Audio panel to no avail
    My 88.2/24 tracks play with no issues
    There was an error message saying' Cant open file, cue information absent' before Max conversion.
    Is this copy protection?

2. crispi

crispi Vinyl Archaeologist

There is no copy protection in FLAC.
    Try converting with XLD instead of Max (XLD is more often updated) and try AIFF instead of WAV. If that does not work, there could also be a problem with your FLACs.

3. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Hi Everyone:

I am one of those Dinosaurs that burns his HiRes Wav's to DVD-V and DVD-A and plays them in his Blu Ray player. For the record (no pun) I use the following programs and they have worked seamlessly:

DVD-V = Audio DVD Creator
    DVD-A = DVD Audio Solo

I have all my original FLACS on a HD and envisioned just buying one of the Oppo models and playing them off the HD via the Oppo's USB but then I learned the Oppo will not play the Flacs gapless..so, the "Dinosaur" will still roam.:)

JQ

4. Greg Carrier

Greg Carrier Senior Member

I just downloaded an album in FLAC 24/96, used MAX to convert the files to AIFF, and burned them to an audio DVD (NOT DVD-A) with Toast. When I play it on my universal player (Cambridge 650 BD), it sounds pretty good, except I get a lot of noise, kind of like static. Oddly, the static seems to be mostly in the left side. Anybody have any idea what the problem is? I've gotten this on my other HDTtracks high res, too. The tracks sound fine when I play them on my iMac.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.