HELP! One of my Monoblock amps died..

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by timw, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

Looks like the Forum Olympic Synchronized Posting Team™ is in top gear tonight. :D

2. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

Yeah Rudy,

That was pretty cool. Looks like we said the same thing at the same time. I would add that I agree pretty much with what you had to say.

3. timw

timw Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks for all the excellent input here guys. Looks like there just may be hope yet! It definitely makes sense what you are saying and will be worth a try! I'll be checking out that Mouser website today.
    I keep wondering also....If I had shipped this amp all the way out to Adcom leaving it up to them to find the problem, would they have actually told me they couldn't fix it because they don't have the caps anymore ??? I'll bet they would have found a way to fix it so they could get paid!
    Anyway, I appreciate all the help here and wil keep you posted. It might take awhile, but I'll be back....
    (**Rudy, did those pics get to you OK??? I guess there's no need to post them but if possible, might be cool.....thx)
    Tim

4. timw

timw Senior Member Thread Starter

Rudy....You just may have found what I need here with these Mallory Computer grade caps!!! (The 39000uf, 100v, 125v surge should do it!)
    I'll let you know how it works out....
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
    Tim
    :edthumbs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.