Hawkwind Space Ritual Reissue with DVD? Surround?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sjc, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcdupre

rcdupre Flying is Trying is Dying

the only one that sells Boxes is Disk Union, who makes them, but there's a few E-Bay sellers who seem to have a direct link to them, like Sushisashimi...of course it costs more...he's selling it for Y17,800 ($206) plus shipping, versus the original price of Y15,600 ($180)..of course the dollar is doing horrible versus the Yen right now, so I'll be getting less bang for my buck this trip...I sure wish this Box inlcuded the ever elusive Warrior On The Edge of Time though....I have the Astounding Sounds Box waiting for me there, so I'd have all the essential seventies stuff in these 2 Boxes if it weren't missing that (great) one...

2. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

Gotcha. :thumbsup:

3. Jeff Carney

Jeff Carney Fan Of Specifics (No Koolaid)

I've only heard the One Way and the remaster. As I mentioned, the One Way beats the remaster, IMO.

I can say that the One Way compares very well with the Japanese King vinyl. As I recall, the tonality is about the same on both.

4. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

I wonder if we will ever see another official release of Warrior On The Edge of Time? Supposedly, the original UK master tape has been lost or destroyed. I am glad to have the Griffin Music release and even the unofficial Rock Fever release.

5. Toka

Toka Active Member

Which remaster? '96 or '07?

Apparantly Atomhenge/Esoteric are (or were) close to putting out a re-issue, but its tied up in contractual hell. :sigh:

6. Jeff Carney

Jeff Carney Fan Of Specifics (No Koolaid)

'96.

7. Toka

Toka Active Member

Thought so...those '96 issues sure whiffed badly overall, didn't they? Bonus tracks and packaging are nice, though. I don't have the One-Way of Space Ritual but the '07 remaster was notably better than the '96, plus it has the extended cuts on some tracks. Works for me! :D

8. Michael Wittrup

Michael Wittrup Well-Known Member

I just realized that the 2007 reissue is back in print (without the DVD).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.