Grateful Dead - The Warner Bros. Studio Albums Vinyl Box (Exclusive Edition)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John D., Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Shipped!

2. Hershiser

Hershiser Forum Resident

As an FYI, I just ordered this from Amazon and it arrived with the Dead.net exclusives, the Dark Star 45 and the litho. Iwas happily surprised.

3. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Great to know as I ordered it from Popmarket during the Black Friday Sale and am hoping it also contains the exclusives as I believe they source directly from Dead.net/Rhino. Fingers Crossed.

4. Chris180g

Chris180g Forum Resident

My popmarket box should arrive tomorrow so I'll let you know, I didn't even think about the exclusive when I ordered... awesome deal either way especially with free overseas shipping

5. Chris180g

Chris180g Forum Resident

I just opened my package from Popmarket and am delighted to report that it too came with the bonus 7". What a nice surprise:)

6. Beholdentonoone

:goodie: Thanks for the Update Chris...I'm hoping mine arrives today!

7. Beholdentonoone

Where is the single in the package? Just got mine but didn't have a chance to open the box before I had to run out the door.

8. Chris180g

Chris180g Forum Resident

It's in a large envelope on the outside of the back of the box.

9. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

I'm a late comer to these reissues, but I'm extremely happy with the sound on this set. I played Anthem of the Sun and Aoxomoxoa and those original mixes recreate the sound of the original US vinyl very closely without any surface noise. I think it's great that Chris Bellman didn't try to modernize the sound of any of the albums.

10. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

A stunning set to be sure... This is the bar for which the Beatles shouldve set thmselves

11. Chris180g

Chris180g Forum Resident

Indeed. I listened to Workingman's Dead last night and was again blown away with everything about this set. From the quality and care of the period sleeves to the stunning sound. I'm a new convert to the Dead but what an introduction

12. dminches

dminches Forum Resident

Garcia's pedal steel on Workingman's Dead is perfectly captured on this "new" vinyl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.