Grand Funk & Asia Delayed??

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Masmusic, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinyl diehard

vinyl diehard Two-Channel Forever

Get used to it. It's common for these MFSL and AF release dates to be moved to the right. I imagine scheduling at times does not go as planned, as the extensive post earlier proves.

2. Nostaljack

Nostaljack Resident R&B enthusiast

I mean no disrespect but might he have been just having a bad day? There could be many reasons why he acted the way he did. It likely had nothing to do with you. One bad encounter and you want to hang the guy out to dry? With all due respect, I'd hope people would be more forgiving of me.

Just my two cents...

Ed

P.S.: Marshall's email was a fascinating read. It's amazing how many ducks have to be lined up in order for an album to surface.

3. bresna

bresna Senior Member

I don't know the specifics of Grand Funk's back catalog, but I've had several conversations with older Jazz musicians about their back catalog and the attitude I got was similar to Don Brewer's. The difference is that several of these Jazz musicians elaborated on their anger.

They never or barely got paid for the album the first time. They get nothing for the new one. Changes are made to artwork and alternate tunes added with little or no consultation with them. They still don't get paid today for the album because of "creative accounting" at the label has the artist still owing the label for making that album. The list goes on & on.

I had a long conversation with one artist in particular who told me that anyone who gets a deal with a major is dealing with the devil. He recommends every artist start their own label and sell their stuff at break even because they would still wind up ahead of where they would be if they went the major label route.

4. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Doing a record by yourself is tough, but at least you have more control. :righton:

5. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Judging from other reports every day is a bad day for Brewer..:sigh:
    At a meet and greet in Atlanta he refused pictures autographs and hardly said a word. I doubt the whole deal from walking in to walking out lasted all of 5 min.
    On the other hand Mark Farner has always been cordial over the years(will be backstage with him again this month).
    I think the bottom line with Brewer is cash and CONTROL!

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

PLEASE tell him he has a LOT of fans in NASHVILLE !!! I pulled out his DVD again just the other night ( pre-Bonnaroo festival appearance ).
    I've been loyal since 1969 !!!
    :righton:

7. Nostaljack

Nostaljack Resident R&B enthusiast

Wow. That's a shame if he's just like that on a regular basis. I know some are like that and it's best to just avoid them...

Ed

8. Myke

Amazon is " preparing for shipment " WOO-HOO !!!!

Out on the road for forty days...
    Last night in Little Rock put me in a haze...

:goodie:

9. John Cantrell

John Cantrell Active Member

I haven't received mine yet.

10. Myke

It was very early yesterday when I saw on Audio Fidelity's homepage that the status had changed to NOW AVAILABLE, so I e-mailed them asking when did they think Amazon would get theirs ? ( I cashed in a $25 gift certificate which lowered my preorder of $26.99 to $1.99 + I have Prime = $1.99 !!!!!!)
    My very quick response from the head man said " 5-7 days." :righton:

11. Myke

JUST SHIPPED !!!!! YES !!!!!!!!! That likely means Tuesday since UPS takes a 2 day weekend like I do.

Y'all have a great one ya hear ? :wave:

12. street legal

street legal Senior Member

Anyone know why this title seems to be selling for about $4 - $5 more than the average Audio Fidelity CD?

13. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

For some reason all of the titles licensed from Capitol have an MRSP $5 higher tha usual, probably higher licensing costs.

I noticed the Stevie Wonder is higher too (even though it's not Capitol).

14. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Capitol charges more so the cost is passed down.

On the Stevie, blame it on the sun, I guess.

15. street legal

Ah, ok. That makes perfect sense & is kind of what I suspected as well.

16. street legal

Thanks, Steve. Don't worry, I'll still be buying the Grand Funk! :D

17. Keeping my finger crossed that both arrive shortly. Got the charge notice and receipt so here's hoping...

18. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I'm not worried either.

Some things in life cost more than others and I'm happy to pay an extra 3 or 4 dollars if that's what it takes to get these discs released.

19. Larry L

Larry L Senior Member

what a jerk

20. Curiosity

Curiosity Just A Boy

They may not get a cut out of it and I can sympathize with any gripes over that but it's your legacy, so respect your fans. Btw I've ordered my Asia S/T up from your side of the water (cheaper even with the poxy exchange rate).

21. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Amazon informed me today that my Grand Funk Railroad CD has shipped. :)

22. John Cantrell

John Cantrell Active Member

I haven't received mine yet.

23. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I just received my Grand Funk and Asia CDs (AF subscriber) from Audio Fidelity today!!

24. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

:confused:

25. It's a reference to one of Stevie's songs.

Mmmm still haven't gotten mine and folks in So Cal have (I'm in No Cal), New Jersey...two titles I GUESS I'll continue to look forward to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.