"Future Of Classic Records" thread (part two)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

A dead thread brought back to life. I used to talk to Mike Hobson when he owned Hobson Ultimate Sound in NYC. I would attempt to find him mint copies of Rickie Lee Jones lps because he included one with a sale of a system. (But that is unimportant)...... What I wonder about is How much of Classic Records did he sell Chad? Over the last couple years, all kinds of Classic Records releases have been hitting the market through unknown eBay retailers. Clarity Vinyl Allman Brothers Fillmore East for one. "Sealed" Test pressings of Deja Vu, Aqualung, Led Zeppelin, and others. "Sealed" Lacquers of complete albums. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Mr. Hobson hung onto a whole warehouse of titles and he's slowly releasing them and getting every dollar he can for them. $100 for Allman Brothers Fillmore East Clarity vinyl?
    I also wonder how long his no-compete clause is with Chad before he comes out with a new label and starts releasing lps again.......... just sayin'......:whistle:

2. edb15

edb15 Senior Member

I think one big cache of Classic LPs on eBay is the former TheMusic.com.

3. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

Yes, he has done a lot of the ORG titles, and the London Decca series in 45 is superb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.