SH Spotlight FLEETWOOD MAC Rumours, heard it 1000 times, still love it! Our WB 45 & 33 1/3 RPM vinyl coming now!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Inthesticks

Inthesticks Well-Known Member

Jumping in a bit late to the party here (but there arent many Fleetwood Mac threads that are still open).

Anyway, I got an old crate of Vinyl LPs from a relative - some were in decent shape. Specifically a near mint 1977 copy of Rumours.

In researching the deadwax, it has a BSK-1-3010 F212, then a scripted “Winchester”. It also had the capitol stamp and a small “Kp”. It looks to match up to the winchester pressing. (https://www.discogs.com/release/7943027-Fleetwood-Mac-Rumours)

To my ears this sounds incredible - I havent heard other versions to compare it too, but generally speaking its one of the best (if not the best) vinyl pressing I have.

Curious of feedback from others with a similar copy and their consensus.

MAYBEIMAMAZED and Echoes Myron like this.
  2. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Yes, it the album was well recorded and put down to LP, but there were limitations at the time as well, putting the record out for the masses.

There's a dimensionality, a depth to the SH/KG mastering not there on the OG.

Meanwhile, could you please list your equipment in your profile? Steve Hoffman and the forum requires it if you're going to comment on sound.

3. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

The Ken Perry-cut originals sound great! There are probably dozens of lacquers and pressings, but I have half a dozen copies of the the original and they all sound fantastic.

That being said, I agree with AnalogJ (and most others) that the Hoffman/Gray remaster is definitely an improvement on the original in every way. Both the 33 and double 45 issues are incredible. Definitely in the conversation for one of the best sounding LPs ever...

Inthesticks and WhatDoIKnow like this.
  4. Inthesticks

Inthesticks Well-Known Member

Thanks for the response - sorry I wasnt aware that I needed to provide equip stats, although I guess that makes sense when your commenting on sound quality (i should have read the forum rules better…:) ).

I’ve added them into my profile.

CraigVC, Ere, AnalogJ and 1 other person like this.
  5. A lot of people don’t like that rule but it genuinely is helpful sometimes—for example, someone could be commenting that a certain pressing has no bass and then you look at their profile and they are listening through mini monitors that cut off at 80Hz. Or someone else claims that a pressing is too warm and you see that they are listening through a tube phono stage coupled to an EL34 amp. Etc., etc., etc. It’s good to know to put each person’s review in proper context.

AnalogJ and Inthesticks like this.
  6. Nice system :cool: