Famous People Playing "Under the Radar" On Other Bands' Hits

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark Kaufman, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steeler1979

steeler1979 Darren from Nashville

Tony Harnell from the metal band TNT (debatable if he is even considered famous), along with Joe Lynn Turner sing background vocals on the bubblegum Amy Grant style inspired song "Everything Changes" by Kathy Troccoli.

starduster likes this.
  2. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Kenny Loggins singing cameos on the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's "Fire In The Sky."

3. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I actually just noticed that for the first time yesterday! :o

4. Eddie Howell's "The Man From Manhattan" features piano and backing vocals by Freddie Mercury and guitar by Brian May.

5. Folknik

Folknik Forum Resident

He also played harmonica with them on stage on the live recording of "Little Red Rooster" on the Alive She Cried album. He also played on the Kingston Trio's Looking for the Sunshine album and autoharp on the late Randy Van Warmer's "Just When I Needed You Most."

6. Folknik

Folknik Forum Resident

Eric Clapton played on Stephen Bishop's "Save It for a Rainy Day."
    Lennon and McCartney played on the Silkie's hit cover of "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away."

7. Dhreview16

Dhreview16 Forum Resident

Weren't the Toto guys the backing band on Lionel Ritchie's mega selling and Grammy winning album Can't Slow Down (and much else too) ? All Night Long etc.

8. Folknik

Folknik Forum Resident

Irony: 22 years after the verbal altercation between Mike Love and Van Dyke Parks during the Beach Boys' Smile sessions led to Parks walking out and abandoning the project, Van Dyke Parks played accordion on the Beach Boys' "Kokomo".

starduster likes this.
  9. Peace N. Love

Peace N. Love Forum Resident

Excellent thread

Paul and Linda Mac - backing vox on Curtiss Mason (Norman Smith) cover of Monkberry Moon Delight - don't know if this is officially confirmed but I'm sure I hear them.
    Tom Waits - quite audible b vox on Bonnie Raitt's Sweet and Shiny Eyes.
    Mick Jagger's harmonies on You're So Vain.
    Macca again on Donovan's Mellow Yellow (not doing the whispering parts though)

10. ceedee

ceedee Forum Resident

michael jackson on stevie wonder's hotter than july album. can't remember the track

11. keifspoon

keifspoon Senior Member

That's Keith Moon impeccable gong work starting at 2:1o on The Merseybeats eighth single "I Stand Accused" released in 1965. And they say the guy couldn't keep time! :D

12. Peace N. Love

Peace N. Love Forum Resident

I'm still half-certain that Larry "Bud" Melman does the spoken part on Ace Frehley's "New York Groove" but I know some killjoy's gonna tell that's just Ace's speaking voice... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.