Faith No More - Angel Dust - MFSL Mofi Gold CD and vinyl LP *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Claus, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Bogenbroom

Dr. Bogenbroom I'm not a Dr. but I play one on SteveHoffman.TV

:eek: Bookmarked! Saving my pennies for this one!

Aww...you have deflated (a bit) my excitement. :shake: Something, however is better than the nothing I have right now.

2. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

Sorry man, Im just pissed about " Kill 'em All".

We will know soon enough if this is more of the same .

3. Dr. Bogenbroom

Dr. Bogenbroom I'm not a Dr. but I play one on SteveHoffman.TV

I know. I was very excited about RTL and KEA until I read all the bad reviews of them and decided to wait and just try to pick up the original 33 1/3s. Angel Dust seems to be a tad more scarce so I'll probably go with this one regardless.

4. Cacepi

Cacepi New Member

Wow!! I thought this was some kind of joke and you photoshopped the pic.....
    This is awesome - one of my favorite albums... I think Angel dust sounds great - TRT sounds very dated and thin to me now - AD stills sounds good and very Dense, but rich, can't wait. Now only if they will do -

Mr. Bungle - self titled... ( Please...lol )

They also have Megadeth's Countdown to Extinction - 2x180g - suppose to come out this month... So maybe october..?

5. Spirit Crusher

Spirit Crusher Forum Resident

The first Bungle on CD sounds pretty damn good!
    Ah, Countdown - is it the original mix, or the friggin' remix from 2004?

6. JPagan

JPagan Generation 13

Sweet. A great record indeed.

7. Proscriptor

Proscriptor New Member

Too true! If I could only ever listen to one album again, it would be Angel Dust!

8. Proscriptor

Proscriptor New Member

...If only they would do a reunion. Guess that'll never happen though. :/

pinkchris1967 likes this.
  9. Spirit Crusher

You never know, but Gould runs his label doing what he pleases and Bordin, one of my favorite drummers - now there is a real loss to music. Oh well. I'm sure he's happy. Roddy? Sounds like he doesn't look fondly upon the FNM experience. Patton only recently has said anything remotely positive about the whole thing - perhaps time is giving him perspective. Who would play guitar? Certainly not Jim Martin - he's out of the music business.
    I'm sure they all see no reason for it.

anyway, when the heck is the Angel Dust coming out?

10. Leif

Leif Member

No offense, but let's not forget that the Metallica vinyl reissues are not official MoFi releases. They were "only" cut there.

I distinctly remember reading somewhere (in a newsletter from Elusive Disc, I think) that Metallica themselves supervised the mastering of those albums...

11. vomitgod

vomitgod New Member

On topic, has anybody seen the Mofi Angel Dust yet, or have a firm release date? I read somewhere online about a release date of 6/24?

12. Proscriptor

Proscriptor New Member

Saying that, its actually Patton alone that seems to be the problem. Kerrang interviewed Bill, Roddy and Puffy a while ago and they all said they'd be up for it, but the problem was that Patton wasn't into the idea. Added to that, Mike also admitted that the others would all go for it. Maybe they should just get Chuck Mosley back from whatever crack den he's probably ended up in...heh. And lets face it, it'd give Roddy a chance to make decent music again.
    You're right about Bordin though...playing for Ozzy is one thing, but Korn!!! Can't forgive that. As for who would do guitars...that is a tough one. Maybe Jon Hudson again? Oh well, maybe we'll see one day.

As for the release date of the Mofi Angel Dust, I read it was to be released next month. Anyway, good to see the original track listing appear...

13. jv66

jv66 Estimated Dead Prophet

Agreed, not very much mid end either.

14. tcj

tcj Senior Member

Very excited about this - always thought the sound of Angel Dust was a bit brash (and probably purposely so, which was the intent of the album as I understand it, could be wrong, however) so it would be nice to see if MoFi could coax a little warmth out of it. I am surprised that The Real Thing is not getting the treatment too, seeing as it was the big hit - anyone have any idea why they skipped over that one? I greatly prefer AD to tRT, but it seems like from a marketing perspective that tRT would be a bigger seller for them.

15. poe_man

poe_man Senior Member

16. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Senior Member

17. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Senior Member

Faith No More and Pixies both in August! Can't wait!

18. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

And the Pixies is an SACD!! It just goes to show that it has to be the labels that license this stuff to Mofi that dictates whether it can be an SACD or regular Gold Disc.

19. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Is Mike Bordin still playing for Ozzy?

20. Spirit Crusher

So, is this out? Does anyone have it? Worth getting?

21. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Yes, he played with Ozzy at OzzFest last month. Long hair intact! :agree:

Dunno, but I'm still anxious to hear this one.

22. Onward

Onward Forum Resident

I always found the original cd rather headache-inducing, so I'm curious whether the mofi is an improvement? Cd or vinyl...

23. vomitgod

vomitgod New Member

I'm curious - headache inducing in what regard? Certainly you don't mean lack of dynamic range and/or compression obliteration? At least in comparison to more modern recordings, Angerl Dust has great, dynamic high and lows in terms of both the sound and the music.

This release seems to keep getting pushed back. Hopefully it will be released sometime in September?

24. dj2hynes

dj2hynes New Member

it should be out after the 16th.

25. tcj

tcj Senior Member

I also find it pretty harsh. Even for the time, it was surprisingly grating sounding - I remember when I picked it up the day it was released I was surprised at how nasty it sounded, but it was an attitude thing then. Now I just find it kind of annoying. I'll be glad to hear an improvement in that area.

Well . . . I think it's kind of obvious that it's going to be out after the 16th, isn't it? (It's not out this week, so it has to be out no earlier than next week, right?) ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.