Exciting Rolling Stones News!!! "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out" 40th anniversary Coming in Nov.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MHP, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheepnik

Cheepnik Overfed long-haired leaping gnome

That doesn't make sense. If they're not going to reassemble the thing from scratch, why wouldn't they just stitch the unreleased tracks into the existing album and put at least a simulated whole Stones show on one disc?

Also, I can't see casual Stones fans giving a damn about the inclusion of any King/Turner material.

2. PhilCohen

PhilCohen Forum Resident

But ABKCO is manufactured and distributed by Universal Music.

3. signothetimes53

signothetimes53 Senior Member

Actually, I think it might help sales, since most hard-core Stones fans will buy the expanded Ya Yas with or without the King/Turner material.

How many King and Turner fans might buy this who otherwise would have passed on a solely Stones reissue? At least a few, I'd guess.

4. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

Here's the summary from Lukpac. Follow the link for the most detailed rundaown of the ABKCO era Rolling Stones CDs anywhere on the web.

http://www.lukpac.org/stereostones/stones-cd-faq.txt

The new ABKCO is of course an upgrade, but merely steals tracks from other sources. Thus, we now have the incorrect "Ruby Tuesday," the narrowed "Dandelion" (spoke of in the song listing and in the More Hot Rocks section), et cetera. "She's a Rainbow" is now missing the barker introduction, as is appropriate; ABKCO apparently followed London's example, and chose not to use the intro for compilations.

Cheers,

Michael

5. Doug Schiller

Doug Schiller Senior Member

The first slap in the face, they are delaying Exile (of course).
    They released every album around it early this year, what is the hold up?
    Then they wind up and slap the other cheek... still no details on the extras.

I am also in the camp that would prefer the Brussell's show be released but since there is already a release quality, widely circulated version, I am not too excited.

See, Mick??? There is money to be made by stuff that is already out there.

6. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Thanks very much!!!

7. phish

phish Jack Your Body

WAS THE OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE IN ALL CAPS?????

8. vinyldreams

vinyldreams Forum Resident

Hope Midnight Rambler, Stray Cat Blues, and Live With Me are on the DVD.

9. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

HECK, YEAH! :laugh:

10. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

I would love the santana stuff

11. hutlock

Flying Burrito Brothers at Altamont!

ruben lopez likes this.
  12. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

It's just speculation on my part, but (i) the original album contained a number of overdubs, which were presumably not done with unreleased tracks; (ii) I would think that they would want to retain the integrity of the original album; (iii) the press release talks about a 5-song "EP"; and (iv) if they put a simulated whole Stones show on one disc, then there would be no time left for the BB/Ike & Tina tracks. I guess they might be talking about a four disc set (BB/Ike & Tina; entire Stones Show; Bonus EP; and DVD), but that would be a pretty major (and expensive) set.

13. hutlock

Perhaps two different editions? One "deluxe" and one with just the bare minimums?

14. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

Back to Ya-Yas....Upon further consideration I prefer the performances on Get Your Leeds Lungs Out. One track, Let It Rock, made it into the Rarities 1971-2003 compilation. Who knows where the rest of the tapes are.

Cheers,

Michael

15. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I would rather they put the missing Stones tracks on the same disc as the existing Ya-Yas, and put Ike & Tina on a second disc, but, as has been noted already, hey, I'll taking any bonus material that Mick is willing to throw our way.

16. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

You go, Chris! :laugh:

17. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

I agree. Make that a separate release! At any rate, count me in. One of my fave live albums of all time. :agree:

18. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Do you think the Stones are doing this because of the Beatles remasters or is it just coincidence?

19. RobertKaneda

RobertKaneda New Member

Let it Rock was also, with Bitch, on the B-side of the UK Brown Sugar single.

20. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

I'm I the only one aniticpating that the EP will be longer than the DVD?

Isn't Klein's kid running the family business now, and with a different outlook/attitude?

21. Cheepnik

Cheepnik Overfed long-haired leaping gnome

The fact that, even with its flaws, the Cameo/Parkway box even came to fruition tells me something has changed there.

22. El Bacho

El Bacho Forum Resident

The safe guess is that it took more time than previously assumed and they are still trying to assemble material for the extras. In the "Deluxe Edition" program by Universal, they love to include DVDs as an incentive. I don't think it will be a live show or an alternate version of "Ladies and Gentlemen..." but they may want to add a few live rushes for a documentary on the making of the album.

If the project was finished, you'd get details on the extras... and they would announce a release date....

The "Get Yer" announcement is HUGE, even more important the "Exile" one because it hints a big shift in priorities for the band. "Exile" could have been a specific request by Universal in the reissue deal, something the band accepted reluctantly. Material from the Decca era such as "Get Yer" belongs to Allen Klein/ABKCO but the Stones still have their say in what can be released. Since 1971, both camps have basically agreed to release "Metamorphosis", the "Rock 'n' Roll Circus" and that's it. You can bet that ABKCO would be delighted to sell new tracks by the band but they were never allowed to.

There were two reasons:
    - bad blood between the band and Allen Klein, who pulled a Saul Zaentz on them...
    - Jagger's veto on archival releases (apart from the abysmal "Rarities" CD).

It had been reported for years that Jody Klein is a much better diplomat than his father, so it's good to see the band can agree with ABKCO again.
    But the new stance on archives, with two projects featuring unreleased material from the '60s and '70s means that the band is now keen on the idea of celebrating their best days and that they are even ready to help ABKCO (and Universal) if they want to.

23. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

Wow. Maybe it's finally caught up with them. Time to retire to various island paradises with barely legal girlfriends and let the reissues flow. Something even a lonely schoolboy can appreciate! ;)

24. RubenH

RubenH Forum Resident

How reliable is this site? It lists "Hey Jude" as being part of the 1969 RS setlist... I've not heard of this; does anybody have confirmation of this? Thxs

25. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Jody has been listed as producer on (just about?) everything in the past few years and has also been doing the PR. That said, I've seen a few quotes from Allen about recent projects as well, and at least the Stones and Sam Cooke discs contain "Conception: Lenne Allik". What exactly "conception" is supposed to represent or why the need for an anagram I don't know, but it seems as if Allen is still in the picture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.