ELP-Brain Salad Surgery 3-CD on Universal/UK in November

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PhilCohen, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Great news.... most of the Shout Factory remasters were an improvement over the Castle remasters, except BSS. It was the only ELP reissue (SF) which was not remastered by Andy Pearce (he did all others).

2. Metoo

Metoo Forum Hall Of Fame

Right.

3. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

Then I can only hope someone stumbled into another vault. :)

I can't imagine it would be the case, but if this is really just:

Disc 1 - original stereo mix (CD redbook)
    Disc 2 - alternate mix (SACD stereo)
    Disc 3 - alternate mix (SACD multichannel)

Then I'll pass. As I have the DVD-A, there would be nothing new for me here.

It's really not fair that these items get added to retailers websites without full details. It's such a tease! :)

4. tspit74

tspit74 Senior Member

Talk about scraping the barrel...

Pass.

5. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

One of two things will likely happen:

1. This will turn out to be a perfect definitive edition and I'll buy it and live happily ever after.

2. This will be a complete rip-off but many others will buy it which will mean that I'll have a much great chance of finding a mint digipak Victory edition (which was the edition I was happy with until it got stolen) used on eBay and I'll live happily ever after.

This release seems like a good idea to me, whether it's a good product or not.

6. tspit74

tspit74 Senior Member

I have that Victory digipak. I love the packaging and the disk sounds pretty good overall. The only thing that bugs me is that Karn Evil 9 doesn't have any indexing points which makes it a pain to skip to the best part (3rd Impression).

I do wish I still had my Diament version I sold when the Victory reissues came out. Oh well, it's all pretty much committed to memory now.

7. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

That looks like the perfect configuration to me. The only reason to keep the dvd-audio disk is for "Lucky Man".

8. dbmay75

dbmay75 Funk & Guitar Junkie

This is my bet!

9. progrocker

progrocker Senior Member

:agree:

10. ricks

ricks Senior Member

Yes.

I just wish the 2 channel was done correctly and not merely a fold down of the multi. Hopefully the SACD's 2 channel will be un-futzed with. If it's an alternate 2 channel mix however I'll probably pass. I'll wait for reports on this one before sinking the cash.

11. gohill

gohill Senior Member

It is an SACD according to Amazon uk and it lists the tracks

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brain-Salad...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1220451592&sr=8-1

I think we're getting one remastered disc of the original cd, one remastered disc of the Sanctuary alternate mix/alternate lead vocal edition w/ bonus tracks such as the NME flexidisc that was accidentally released for a brief time in the UK, & 1 SACD with the original mix & a 5.1 mix.

12. JohnT

JohnT Senior Member

We've never had the original 2-ch in hi-resolution. If it's included here, that's good news :thumbsup:.

13. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

If you think you might want it you may as well sink the cash. It's not much cash after all. And this will surely sell out immediately.

14. GKH

GKH Senior Member

Giddy Up! I paid about $80 for my copy! It's sooooooo cool! :D

Since, it is featuring SACD, I'll buy this one, as well.

15. SiriusB

SiriusB New Member

Let's hope they use the original 2-track masters, then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.