Early ZZ Top Nice & PURE !!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Myke, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

a lot of old Warner cd's say that :) Your cd has the remix.

The Six Pack set...I enjoy it, a different but NOT a better way to hear those albums. The issue many people have is how they took the remixes from the Six Pack set and used them when the standalone cd's of those 6 albums were issued. That's where they made their mistake.

You have an IM.

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse Thread Starter

That's the echo-laden remix. 3269-2. Sure Got Cold After The Rain Fell...as I posted earlier in this, my thread, when compared to the original vinyl...it's as if they removed all the echo and reverb, and Billy's standing in the room singing. It's in the archives here how the ONLY individual (non-boxed set) CDs of The First Album, and Rio Grande Mud are the remixes. Sorry.

3. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

That's the one I have. I've only played it twice so far and in the car at that. Oh well, live and learn to read up on these things a little better in the future.

DoF likes this.
  4. uncleroy

uncleroy Forum Resident

Ha the Zee Zee photo is too cool!

5. Myke

How do ya think I felt after I joined here ? :laugh: But seriously...the original vinyl of Rio Grande Mud that I bought from James, in our classifieds was SO exciting, I started this thread. It's really like night and day. :agree:
    But ! They say the recent reissue 180g ain't too shabby either.

DoF likes this.
  6. uncleroy

uncleroy Forum Resident

Zee Zee!! That is awesome:righton:

7. Myke

8. Myke

I just heard the digital Asleep In The Desert off Tejas for the first time in my life !!!

Blasphemy. Pure And Simple. Slowed down, and drenched in echo. What crap.

9. manfromcouv, if you know, please tell us the story on that picture! Who's prom, when and where?

10. cjmiller

cjmiller Forum Resident

Sorry, wrong thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.