Eagles "Long Road Out of Eden" review

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by belardd, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill

Bill Senior Member

Absolutely. Best new album of 2007, notwithstanding the fact that I had to go to Wal-Mart to get it!

2. Mike the Fish

Mike the Fish SeƱor Member

Does it follow the US CD track list or the UK one?

3. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

Yeah, I just listened to it a couple of weeks ago. I think Disk 1 is chock full of beautiful music. How can "No More Walks in the Wood" not catch your ears? Those harmonies are gorgeous.

** Rant on **
    Aye! How come every Eagles thread turns political with talk of Walmart, money, ticket prices, and the individuals having no soul? Jeez, really, the Eagles aren't any different than most other bands in these respects. Shouldn't it be about the MUSIC?
    **Rant off **

4. I agree.

I created a highlights version with the best of both discs.

5. I'm still listening to this album regularly and enjoying it more and more I didn't expect to be. I haven't listened to Magic in a very long time - and that upsets me.

LROOE? - some great songs, terrific performances, pretty good production, all at a very reasonable price. Hats off to the Eagles on this one!

Best Wishes
    David

6. johnny 99

johnny 99 Down On Main Street

Waiting In The Weeds was a highlight of their recent show here. The new material blended in seamlessly well with the old classics!

7. I think 'Waiting In The Weeds' is probably for me the standout track on the album, although it wasn't so at first

I found everything about this release to be good - and the pricing here in the UK was very reasonable.

Best Wishes
    David

8. Peachy

Peachy Forum Resident

Still listening, and it gets better with age.

9. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I thought I'd be very interested in this disc, but find that I've hardly played it...

10. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

I feel the same way. I looked forward to it on release. Tracked it a couple times. Wished it was shorter, wished Don Felder was never dumped, wished there was more Joe Walsh. Then it hit the shelf, where it remains. :shrug:

11. Henry the Horse

Henry the Horse Active Member

+1.:righton:

12. I agree it would be a BETTER album with more Walsh and Felder co-wrote some strong material with the band.

1 Walsh song and a cover version (granted it's a Frankie Miller tune but he had already recorded it for the "Robocop" soundtrack...)

13. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

It's a double album,these things are usually quite long.:laugh::)

14. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

True that...but it didn't have to be. It could've been a much stronger single set, and around (or less than) 60 minutes at that.

15. music4life

music4life Senior Member

I consider this to be one of thier finest songs...ever!

16. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

I like this album. It really grew on me, although there are a few "klunkers". I went and bought the LP with thoughts of doing a 24/192 DVD-A of it for the car, but as mentioned above, the vinyl was really crappy, it was covered with shards from the cheap jacket, and it sounded pretty bad. Very disappointing.

Seeing these songs live in concert adds to their appreciation, especially the aforementioned "Waiting In the Weeds". (It's also a fun tune to play on the acoustic yourself!)

17. reddyempower

reddyempower Forum Resident

Thanks for the post. You just saved me some cash as I was considering the vinyl. On the other hand, now I plan on seeimg then when they come round.:righton:

18. magick28

magick28 New Member

This is good, but bar far my least favorite of all their other cds.

19. Big Al

Big Al Active Member

I like disc one a lot more than disc two.

20. Javimulder

Javimulder New Member

I've finally given this album 4 or 5 listens for the first time (didn't buy it at time of release) and I'm very disappointed... I just find it so boring! I still have to give it more listens to identify my own personal favourites, but I get the feeling there won't be many...

I'm thinking I might start taking it in small doses to get more familiar with the songs... They don't seem to be particularly bad, but they just don't say much to me... I look at the tracklist and can't even remember most of them...

I wanted to like it, but I'm underwhelmed...

21. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

Same here, so far. I've been playing disc one for the last few days. I like Waiting In The Weeds best at the moment - I like that part on the ferris wheel.

22. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

I love "Do Something." A lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.