DVD-Audio Sales Five Times that of SACD Says RIAA Survey

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I had the Acura TL with DVD-A capability. The Audis only have DVD-V but, since I bought the car to drive, lossy 5.1 is better than no 5.1.

2. Master_It_Right

Master_It_Right Forum Resident

I own exactly 2 DVD-Audio discs and I own 5 hybrid SACD.

Hybrid SACD is a better format IMO and hopefully they keep making them. It would be nice to see Sony make a drive capable of ripping the DSD layer too. With all these hacks, surprised nobody dug up any info on how to make one.

3. watsy1958

watsy1958 Forum Resident

Well I had the Logitech Z-5500 and I added tweeter plus a pioneer centre speaker and a few modes and I ran opticial from my Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card, tell you the truth it was pretty good only reason I replaced the unit is because I had it now for 5 year but over all for $399 plus tax it was good 5.1 system.

4. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Is that your ride? I test drove the TRL in 2010, before deciding on a Ford Taurus SHO. The Acura was slick in the corners, but the SHO was just pure brute force in straight line speed. Yeah, there was some turbo lag. Nevertheless, the sound system was never going to be an overriding factor.

therockman likes this.
  5. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Wow. You own exactly 7 hi rez discs. That really makes you an expert on the topic.

Randy Goldberg and AZRunner like this.
  6. watsy1958

watsy1958 Forum Resident

I remember when I only had 7 Hi Rez discs and e-bay had plenty to offer then I found a old PS3 and purchased dvd audio extractor and help from foobar 2000 now I have over 550 5.1 albums

7. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

True, but we all know the Oppo would be for a "mid level" system ;).

Bill

therockman and Steel Horse like this.
  8. SKean

SKean Forum Resident

Anyone know of an aftermarket car stereo component that's a universal player, almost like an Oppo
    105 for the car? It's time such a product came available, and I'm in need of one.... I emailed Oppo
    months ago suggesting such a unit, heard nothing back, wasn't expecting any feedback, and am still
    in the market for such a product.....

9. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I'm not aware of any universal player for car use. It would be a cool product but I wonder if there would be much of a demand for it.

Bill

10. SKean

SKean Forum Resident

Bill -

There's plenty of demand for the Oppo 105 in the home, making & enabling me and many to buy up
    a lot of titles on the various formats that are being played loudly in our homes but we're not able to
    take them for a ride............................yet....

Release a 5.1 Universal player and I'll buy one along with a 5 or 6 or 7 channel amp along with it....

Merry Xmas, Bill, and all out here...

Steel Horse likes this.
  11. Bill

Bill Senior Member

I bought my Acura ILX primarily for the sound system. The DVD-A 5.1 capability was attractive, as was the 15 gig hard drive, and the ability to hear red book discs in pro logic sealed the deal for me. Glad of my purchase every day. Nice car, too.
    Can someone post what you need to convert HD downloads to DVD-A discs? I have an iMac and PC.
    Thanks in advance.

12. xTraPlaylists

xTraPlaylists I bring order to chaos.

That's not my exact car per se. I just did a Google image search. But I do own a black 2011 ZDX, so that's basically exactly what my car looks like. It's definitely not a car for everyone, but I love it. And yes, it is slick in the corners with the Super Handling AWD. I haven't driven it through snow yet, but I live in Chicago so it's definitely coming. Can't wait. Heard it's amazing in that condition.

I probably have the same sound system as Bill who just posted about his ILX. Internal HD, DVD-A playback, etc.

Say It Right likes this.
  13. watsy1958

watsy1958 Forum Resident

If you haven't heard it I'd gladly share it with you.

14. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Very nice should I PM you?

15. watsy1958

watsy1958 Forum Resident

This isn't a topic that we can get away with try me at [email protected]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.