Do you collect Sony ES? Let's see your collection.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by HiFiGuy528, Aug 18, 2011.

1. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

OMG - my father has the same model (the UK/Australian model number is 605 MkII though) and apart from the tray movement being very slow, it still works well. Bought in 1989.

2. MacGyver

MacGyver Forum Resident

lubricate it. that'll work wonders for the mechanism. should bring it back to like-new operation or better. trust me on that...

jkeigs likes this.
  3. John Buchanan

Thanks John - I'm off to Melbourne in January. What lubricant would you recommend?

4. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

:agree: That MD deck is pretty!

I got my dad this same reciever for his garage. I paired it with some spare Dali Concept 2's, and an Harmon Kardon 7600 CDP and it sounds quite respectable :)

5. Pibroch

Pibroch Active Member

I have since sold the ES cassette player at an audiophile meetup, but I still have the receiver. I saw a cheaper ES deck at the thrift the other day, but it was scratched up, so I passed.

Currently mostly keeping my eyes out for MD equipment.

6. Blue Nile Fan

Blue Nile Fan Forum Resident

A guy that I met through Craigslist over the weekend has a CDP-207ESD that is in near mint condition. I purchased an Onkyo amp from him and he mentioned that he had a Sony single drawer player. Knowing his taste in components, I knew it was an ES. Does anyone out there know anything about this CD player? It has a coaxial digital out, so I am guessing early to mid 90's? How does it sound? He said he would give me a good deal if I made an offer on it. What's it worth?

7. chodad

chodad Hodad

My collection (cd changer) is in the junk pile because it crapped out after 3 years.

8. MacGyver

MacGyver Forum Resident

WHITE LITHIUM grease and light MACHINE/HOUSEHOLD oil.

the GREASE for the gear work, and the OIL for the rails for the laser sled...

9. John Buchanan

Thanks, John.

Metralla likes this.
  10. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

"light MACHINE/HOUSEHOLD oil" - In Australia, that would have been Singer Sewing Machine oil in the old days. Do you still see that? I mean, that stuff was very light.

11. John Buchanan

You still see that stuff and I think that Mum and Dad have some of it.

12. MacGyver

MacGyver Forum Resident

you can find both at THE HOME DEPOT, providing the chain exists outside the continental U.S.

13. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

I don't think it is in Australia.

14. John Buchanan

Doesn't sound familiar. I suspect a sewing machine shop may have Singer sewing machine oil.

15. Rmac58

Rmac58 Member

Sadly, my X779ES failed.

16. adamdube

adamdube Forum Resident

there is one of these at a local shop, [​IMG]DVP-NS3100ES. anyone with experience with this model? What's a fair price?

Does it all except DVD-A, which I have none of.......good second system player? SACD only really.....

17. jonboi

jonboi New Member

I must say that I really like Sony ES

These are just some quick google pics of the three items I currently own having purchased new, of Sony ES products.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also owned this TAE/TAN 9000ES series combo (goggle image) before purchasing the TA-DA9000ES amp shown above.

[​IMG]

Happy New Year to All

John..

Spitfire likes this.
  18. HiFiGuy528

HiFiGuy528 Formerly Dj_AmTraX Thread Starter

I still have the TAE/TAN9000es stack boxed in the closet. I think the amp is very good in two channel mode.

19. th0m

th0m Forum Resident

Has anyone heard (or even own) the TA-FA777ES amp? I was reading about it recently and got a bit curious. Would love to hear some impressions.

20. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

I have this 3100ES and a 2000Es, later models, do they count?

IMGP0445.JPG

21. HiFiGuy528

HiFiGuy528 Formerly Dj_AmTraX Thread Starter

I don't know what I'm gonna do with my SCD-1 and SCD777es. Both are working and in mint condition so I don't really want to see them, but I'm not using them. :(

22. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

Why aren't you using them, I still use my SCD-1 as my main SACD player. :confused:

Dave likes this.
  23. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I'm still using my '777ES. After nearly 13 and a half years, it is still going strong.

24. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

Found a TC-KA3 ES cassette deck today. Looks good, FF and RW work but not PLAY. Anyone here familiar enough with this model to have seen or heard about it being prone to this problem? No idea how much it's been used. So far I only have $8.00 sunk into it.

25. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Senior Member

Whoa, deep envy at the last two Geoff. Kudos. Quality gear.