Dire Straits-Brothers In Arms 5.1 coming

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by texquad, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin Lane

Justin Lane New Member

Anyone get to give this disc a spin yet? I am not hoping for too much improvement on the stereo track but the 5.1 track could hold a lot of potential.

My copy shipped from Amazon UK last week, so hopefully it will make it stateside by the end of this week.

J

2. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

I received my 'limited edition' digipack today. Though I don't have my SACD player yet, the redbook layer sounds great and much to my surprise HDCD encoded.

3. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Is this available in the bricks+mortars that normally sell imports (Virgin, Tower, etc)?

4. windfall

windfall Senior Member

I've had a quick listen to 3 or 4 songs, 5.1 only - not had time to check it fully yet. I will say tho that this is a VERY adventurous mix, with instrumentation distributed all around the soundfield. EDIT - JUST CHECKED THE LENGTH! SAME AS ORIGINAL! (sorry) I promise to give it a more thorough check tomorrow. From the listen I had, I noticed a lot more going on, more embellishments than I have ever heard before. I will also issue a caveat that it may end up branded "bright", as to my ears it sounds sharp and clean, but bear in mind I am a fan of the Elton 5.1 mixes,which have generally got the thumbs down here.

Stevie

5. dcscott

dcscott Go have another cheeseburger, Randy

I just purchased this from Future Shop for $10.99CDN. What a Steal. :D

6. Dave D

Dave D Done!

:confused: How?

7. Guy R

Guy R Well-Known Member

Must have been a pricing error. I see it as $16.99 on the website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.