Dinosaur Jr. new album, Beyond out May 1st

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Leppo, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woody

woody Forum Resident

kevin gray mastered the rereleased vinyl on several of those BTS titles as well. I really don't need to add that they sound incredible do I?:righton:

2. Henry Love

Henry Love Senior Member

I never heard of them before last year.Heard them on the radio,went to see them.Loudest show I've been to and I've been to a lot.
    Almost Ready and We're Not Alone are my favorites.I got the CD but I'd love to hear the vinyl.

3. Edgard Varese

Edgard Varese Royale with Cheese

Two words: Green Mind :agree:

4. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

the preview songs are GREAT! tons of energy and fire. thanks for the heads up -- i'll be getting the vinyl.

5. Loudest show is right. Frustratingly, I still have hearing loss / tinnitus from the Dinosaur Jr show in London back in May.

6. Green Mind and Where You Been are my faves. I'm curious how the Rhino vinyl stacks up against the originals.

funknik likes this.
  7. Man, can you believe that they toured with My Bloody Valentine back in the day? I would think that firing range muffs wouldn't save you at one of those shows.

I saw them in Ottawa last year on the Beyond tour, though, and they played at a surprisingly tolerable volume. Given my lo-level tinnitus I didn't take out the earplugs, but I didn't feel overwhelmed and the young and hardy could probably have got by w/o any lasting damage.

As for where to go next: I agree with those who say that, if you like Beyond, go straight to You're Living All Over Me and Where You Been. Both are classics. I think the former is a bit stronger musically, but the sound is pretty sludgy (esp on the current, more compressed remaster); the latter has better production and it's where J really shows off his stuff as a lead guitarist.

8. spice9

spice9 Senior Member

At the show I heard people saying Dinosaur Jr was legendarily loud, but it was not bad. I was 10 rows back standing on the floor and it was okay. But I talked to 2 people who said they had friends with permanent hearing loss from Dinosaur Jr shows. Sad.

9. Edgard Varese

Edgard Varese Royale with Cheese

I saw them at the Cleveland Agora in '94 and it was loud enough to peel the paint from the walls. It was almost impossible to work out which songs they were playing. Very unpleasant - and I was wearing earplugs.

10. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

this record is amazing. i love hearing a rock band playing with fire and verve. the first tune "Almost Ready" reminds me of all of the records in was spinning in college in 1991.

11. 666666

666666 Forum Resident

Great record, and they're still bringing it live. I may have to pick up the vinyl, as I've never been happy with the sound of the cd.

12. vinyl diehard

vinyl diehard Two-Channel Forever

Are DJ doing anything in the near future in the way of another release? I loved Beyond.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.