Deepdiscount sale :

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Yeah, Im not complaining. The prices I got were a steal. I cant get those prices anywhere else. I'll leave my orders open.

2. I've been pleased with their customer service. When I call they usually answer in under a minute and the CSRs are based in Illinois. The few times I've had to return something, they've immediately emailed me a postage-paid label.

3. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

6 more of my Zappa CDs shipped. Only 2 more left.

4. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

I order a bunch of $5.99 CDs, which were discounted to $3.40 after using the $5 off coupons. They were slowly shipped over a period of time, but they were SHIPPED.

5. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

Yeah, I really don't care as long as I get them. My orders were for like $4.59 a CD.

6. sherrill50

sherrill50 Well-adapted Melomaniac

I'm two-for-eight, so far, on my two November orders. But at the prices I got, I'm definitely leaving those orders open!

7. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Just got an email that one of my four outstanding orders is expected to be in-stock within 21 days. Hey, it's already been a month, what's one more?

8. bluesbro

I got the same email. It looks like the 21 days is just a random number.

9. tone ded freb

tone ded freb Senior Member

DD has emailed me that about half of the RCA Living Stereo SACDs I ordered have shipped. These prices are unbeatable! I also received my refund for the mono box.

10. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

Mine are shiiping, also in ones & twos.

11. To funny, the other day I received an email from DD saying that the CD I was still waiting for was backordered and that the manufacturuer was having diffuculties supplying more. They gave me the option to cancel the order.

Literally 17 minutes later I got an email from DD saying that the CD had shipped (it arrived yesterday).

12. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Deep Discount finally shipped my Mr. Ed first season that I ordered. This completes all of my orders placed during the sale. It took a while, but I don't mind waiting when the price is significantly lower than elsewhere. :righton:

13. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

All my Frank Zappa CD's have shipped.

14. RayistaGeoff

RayistaGeoff Forum Resident

Finally got emails (on Christmas Eve no less) that my Garry Shandling box set and the Living Stereo SACDs that I´d had on backorder have shipped. Should get to my parents in Virginia by Easter so that I can pick them up, even with DeepDiscountDVD´s incredibly slow shipping.

Geoff

15. bluesbro

Just got notified that my second order has shipped. One more to go.

16. Alan G

Alan G More A Lurker Than A Poster

I ordered a few Doors AF cds on the last day of the sale. The sale price should have been in effect but I was charged the regular Deep Discount price. I complained and the other day my credit card was refunded the difference. Now, if they had only sent me 'Morrison Hotel' instead of a 2 disc set of Pirate songs and sea chanties I would have been delighted. Oh well, one more gift to exchange.

Alan

17. tone ded freb

tone ded freb Senior Member

So far, 23 of 24 Living Stereo SACDs have shipped. Totally unbeatable prices, average under $6 per disc, counting double sets. :) Just had to wait a month. No big deal.

18. cdice

cdice New Member

I ordered some new CD holding racks from Deep Discount in early December 2009. My account (on their web site) still says the order is, "in process". Should I be concerned, are are they just that slow in processing/shipping?

19. MichaelSmith

MichaelSmith Forum Resident

they are slow.... if you are in no rush wait -- but sometimes they cant get something and you will not know for 60+ days...

20. 10 items ordered in November from this sale. Most of them did not ship until the week of Christmas. 2 items have yet to show up and I am concerned one is lost in transit. A pretty typical experience with Deepdiscount in the last couple of years for me.

21. cdice

cdice New Member

Thanks. I guess I'll give them a couple more weeks, then cancel. They don't seem to be in any hurry to respond to an email, either. That's for sure.

22. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

I ordered a bunch in November & have just received the remainder of the order this week. One item, I complained about not receiving & was told a replacement would be shipped shortly. The original copy arrived the next day. I returned the replacement. No problem with this outfit...just be patient. For the price..neat.

23. bluesbro

Still waiting for my Elvis FTDs. Im losing hope.

24. bluesbro

:wtf:
    Believe it or not, just got notified that my third order shipped.

Yep, waited almost 5 months.

25. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

DD back in the day was pretty quick about getting product to you. They use Media Mail and not sure why, First class is pennies more and sometimes cheaper.

I ordered a SACD and never got it. They refuded me as they were out of stock on a replacement.

So , I ordered the Allman Brothers Live at Fillmore East and 16 days later I got "Eat a Peach". Now is this extremely bad luck ? :( Talk about slow shipping and other issues.

I complained and they sent me another via 2 day shipping and got the right item, finally. Now I have to send the other back.

They really need to rethink the shipping they use. It is much too slow!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.