Deepdiscount sale :

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Once you order, your price is locked in. Customer service is minimal, so canceling would be your bigger problem.

2. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I have successfully canceled orders with DD in the past. Just sent them an email and got an acknowledgement within 24 hours that my order was canceled.

3. jimsumner

jimsumner Senior Member

I ordered one DVD and four CDs. None are in stock. So, I guess somebody's taking advantage of the sale. :)

4. I placed an order for five CD box sets on Nov. 14 and 16, all have arrived safe and sound. Pretty good turn-around time if you ask me.

5. voicebug

voicebug Senior Member

Can I order $25 worth of stuff, use the $5 off coupon code.

Then log back on and order another $25 worth of stuff, use a different coupon code, and get $5 off again?

Will it let you do that---place multiple orders to use $5 off coupon codes?

6. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

Yes, but I'm not sure the codes haven't expired. (doesn't hurt to try each code) They were good on the day they were posted. One time use, for each code. (I've used each of the codes)

7. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

8. voicebug

voicebug Senior Member

Thank you. I get paid tomorrow, so I'll give those codes a try.

9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Absolutely. Each code is one time use, but you can use multiple codes with the same account.

10. stever

stever Senior Member

Thanks very much for the promotion codes -- I submitted four different orders and a different promotion code worked each time!

11. easyge

easyge Senior Member

Does anyone know any current $5 codes?

12. sherrill50

sherrill50 Well-adapted Melomaniac

(bump) Also looking for any current $5 off $25 codes. Sale ends tomorrow...

13. I went to deepdiscount.com last night at 7 PM Pacific Time to make some additional purchases before the sale ended (customer service told me the sale was to end at midnight Central time) but the sale prices were gone. Their main page said the sale was still in-force but when I looked at the items I wanted to buy (several CDs and a Blu-ray) the discounted pricing was gone.

Oh well, they lost an additional purchase from me.

14. voicebug

voicebug Senior Member

I placed two separate orders on the 24th and 25th using the $5 off coupon codes.

Only problem----EVERY item in my two orders is on backorder. Checking the status today, there is no indication that the items are shipping soon. Everything in my orders is still listed as 'Backorder' and the status of each order is 'Processing.'

I went ahead and ordered even though every item was out of stock-----but I don't think I ordered anything that's exactly flyin' off the shelves. :laugh:

Elvis: Million Dollar Quartet---remaster
    Ambrosia: Anthology
    ELO: A New World Record--remaster
    Arcadia---So Red The Rose (I've had the Japanese pressing for years but want to check out the U.S. mastering)

Ligeti Edition-----volumes 1,2,3, and 6 (come on, who else is ordering these?)
    The Little Couple DVD (Yep, the reality show. My wife loves this.)

Before ordering I jotted down items from my Amazon Wishlist and EVERYTHING I searched for was out of stock at Deepdiscount.

I sure hope I get this stuff. With the coupons, each CD came out to be 5 or 6 bucks.

15. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Yep. Sale was over before the announced time.

Shame on them. I was planning on placing a final order today.

16. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I'm in the same boat. I placed four separate orders for a total of ten items. To date, I've received two, and all of the remaining eight still show as "backordered". Fortunately, these were things I thought I'd add to MY collection, as opposed to Xmas gifts for others. I can understand being out-of-stock on some things for a few days, but a few weeks??? :thumbsdn:

17. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

One of three of my orders has shipped.

18. I guess I got lucky, I placed about 10 different orders throughout the sale and all but one have arrived.

19. Six of the ten different cds I ordered from this sale have been backordered, with no sign they are shipping anytime soon. At least they were not intended as Christmas gifts. It would not surprise me to see many of the backordered items eventually canceled, months down the line. That has been DDD's modus operandi in the past.

20. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

2/10 of the Frank Zappa CD's I ordered shipped today. Just be patient.

21. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Just yesterday I received an email telling me that one of the items I ordered (the Mr. Ed first season box set) is still on backordered status and that I have the option of continuing to wait or to cancel my order.

I also received an email that another previously backordered item just shipped.

Most of the items I ordered shipped very quickly after I placed the orders.

22. tone ded freb

tone ded freb Senior Member

The 24 or so Living Stereo SACDs I ordered are all still backordered. Not very optimistic.

23. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

For stuff that's out of print (i.e., no longer being actively manufactured by the record label), it's unlikely that DeepDiscount will be able to find these items from a distributor if they don't currently have them in stock.

What does it hurt to leave your order open, though? They don't charge your credit card until the item ships (unlike Tower.com, for example), they offer free shipping, and you locked in a very low price (I assume). Keep searching for them elsewhere, and as you find them and buy them at other places, go back to your DeepDiscount order and cancel the items you no longer want. If you somehow manage to get a duplicate here and there, you can probably sell it on the classifieds here (or Half.com or Amazon.com or eBay.com) for at least what you paid for it, if not a profit.

I consider DeepDiscount to be a roll of the dice every time I use them. However, I'd guess that they fill over 90% of my orders, eventually. I'd also say over 75% of my orders get filled very quickly, within a few days.

Occasionally I get burned, like when I ordered some SACDs based on the description stating that they were "Super Audio CD," only to discover upon arrival that they're the standard CDs. :(

I have three non-SACDs sitting unopened right now that I got from this last sale. I haven't decided whether I'll try to sell them on Half.com or Amazon.com, or if I'll just open them up and listen to them. They were competitively priced for regular CDs, so it's not like I paid a premium price for regular CDs. It's just that they weren't as described on the site, and I realized that risk when I placed my order.

Because I know someone might ask: I'm familiar enough with DeepDiscount's minimal/non-existent customer service to know it would be a painful process to try and ship the discs back and get a refund (plus I'd be out return shipping, probably). I'd rather see about selling them to someone else, or like I said, I might just open them and listen to them. After all, the SACDs (several albums by Alison Krauss) are way out of print so these regular CDs are likely my best shot to listen to this music, which I've never heard before.

Craig.

24. tone ded freb

tone ded freb Senior Member

Thanks, I'll leave the order open. The prices were too good not to try. After coupons and the 40% off MSRP I was getting discs for under $6. They are slow on service, a mono box I returned with delivery confirmation on 12/5 still hasn't been credited back to me.

25. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Forum Resident

Yup. Good advice. I received the wrong CD from an order placed during this last sale (the sticker on the top was correct but the CD was not) and sold it on Amazon MP rather than return it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.