DADC question

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ricks, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff56

Jeff56 Forum Resident

W/O actually meant without...

2. DIDP discs started in Japan and were used on most DADC discs until the Pitman, NJ USA plant was started in 1989 and they dropped the DIDP (DIDC for classical, etc.) from that plant, but continued to use it at the original USA plant in Terre Haute, IN for discs that haven't been remastered.

The DIDP/DIDC/DIDX/DIDY/DIDZ master number has been discussed a lot here - if you do a search there's a lot on it.

Sony doesn't use these anymore, except for non-remastered, orignal releases.

3. Jeff56

Jeff56 Forum Resident

I think that answers my question. If a Sony disc made in 1995 has a DIDP number than it's an original release :)

4. Yep.:)

5. ribors

ribors Forum Resident

Reviving an old thread here....

How late were CD's pressed with "Made in USA - Digital Audio Disc Corp." stamped in the clear plastic hub? I found one (Mel Torme - Christmas Songs on Telarc) that was released in 1992. I always thought the stamps disappeared before this.

6. Sony DADC USA started phasing out the "Made in USA - Digital Audio Disc Corp." in the hub and then some had just "D" logo for DADC as mentioned around 1987. There were a few moulds that continued to run well after that with hub markings, but these became a small percentage of production. 1992 is one of the latest I have seen with the hub markings.

Sony DADC USA was Telarc's main pressing plant by then.

7. LouChang

LouChang her brother (but nobody's bro)

In what year did DIDP numbers go from five digits to six? For example, early DADC pressings of Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here were DIDP 50004 and later ones were DIDP 050004.

8. No idea, but probably in the 90s. As Sony opened the Pitman plant, which did not use the same glass masters or DIDX/DIDP/etc catalog system for the first few years as DADC plants, they started changing.

9. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

EMI Uden. Strange that they should use an EMI plant.

http://home.lyse.net/bki/met/ifpi-codes.html

IFPI codes. The first column is the one found in the mould (plant that pressed the CD). The second column is the one found in the matrix (plant that made the glass master).

10. isidroco

isidroco Forum Resident

I recall having read somewhere about the D logo with/without the (R) sign next to it. Would that help to set date of a release?
    I do have a CRC DIDY 002961 Jethro Tull "Original Masters", it has DIDX 002961-2 and barcode on matrix, and "Made in USA - DIgital Audio Disc Corp. D(R)" engraved on center. Was bought early in 1991. Copyright states 1985, but I'm trying to find out when it was released, any ideas?
    Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.