Craft Resissue- BLUESVILLE RECORDS 2024 and On

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jasonbraswell, Feb 1, 2024.

1. rich121

rich121 Forum Resident

2010 last year for Classic Records.
    Guess you missed "Most of the scratched/noisy or otherwise defective records from Analog Productions are RTI pressings and I'm disappointed whenever I see that they had RTI press one of their new releases"
    how many RTI pressings do you have experience with?

2. Jasonbraswell

Jasonbraswell Vinylphile Thread Starter

I'm not sure... 100-200 would be my guess. They are usually not cheap albums.

I'm talking about the forum btw, not just my experience. Check out those other threads and see how often defects come up. You may be surprised.

3. Christoph1967

Christoph1967 Forum Resident

Exiting news! I hope they will find there way to Germany and will be not so expensive. The Atlantic 75 are about 95 dollars here, for example.

4. Newscot

Newscot Forum Resident

Well, John Lee Hooker Burning Hell is already available for pre-order on Amazon DE for $35.18:

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/John-Lee-Hooker/dp/B0CV4J7GBR/ref=sr_1_2?crid=O7XVTOQDAPW4&keywords=John+Lee+hooker+burning+hell&qid=1707638766&s=music&sprefix=john+lee+hooker+burning+hell,popular,72&sr=1-2

and €39.99 over at JPC:

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/john-lee-hooker-burning-hell/hnum/11713601

This look likes the Skip James listing at JPC for €43.99:

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/skip-james-today/hnum/11677118

5. Christoph1967

Christoph1967 Forum Resident

Thank you, that looks good!

Newscot likes this.
  6. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

Not lately. If you read the TP thread you'll see WAY more reports of issues starting last fall-ish. (I've also reported with photos all my issues with the Miles Davis MoFi represses in that thread.) RTI with the Tone Poet series was immaculate IMO up until last year, but no more.

You're also forgetting there were plenty of issues reported with Sunday At The Village Vanguard being noisy. That could be seen as just a one-off sure, but in conjunction with everything else there's a slump happening for months

The Music Direct rep on the phone told me not too long ago "RTI has fallen off a cliff"

420JJJazz666 likes this.
  7. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

Chad interview today with the Jazz Bums guys...

8. keylime_5

keylime_5 Forum Resident

The way he worded that makes me think LIghtnin' Hopkins and Albert King might be the next two albums released after JLH and Skip James.
    Live Wire Blues Power and Last Night Blues would be amazing.

MLutthans, mcwlod, Bijan and 2 others like this.
  9. abracax

abracax Forum Resident

A bit off topic, but still blues related. I'm thinking of buying the AP Prestige of Lightnin'. I already have Goin' Away. Great record. Is Lightnin' a worthy addition? I don't think AP Prestige series did many blues records.

10. keylime_5

keylime_5 Forum Resident

Personally I like Lightnin' more than Goin' Away. Just as good of sound quality too.

BlueTrane and abracax like this.
  11. abracax

abracax Forum Resident

I didn't need much convincing. I'm listening to the AP Prestige of Father Of Folk Blues right now. I'm astounded at how good this sounds.

MLutthans likes this.
  12. Newscot

Newscot Forum Resident

Possible Amazon France placeholder for Skip James:

Amazon.fr

SideShowRobb likes this.
  13. Newscot

Newscot Forum Resident

Skip James and John Lee Hooker are both now available for preorder at Amazon France for €34.20:

Burning Hell - Amazon.fr

iik, SideShowRobb and unfunkterrible like this.
  14. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

420JJJazz666, J Borland and BlueTrane like this.
  15. abracax

abracax Forum Resident

No deals for UK customers for the both of them? Craft used to have a UK department. It closed down. If they did a deal on both at $52, which is equivalent to £42. I'd be all over that.

Swann36 likes this.
  16. Vapour

Vapour Forum Resident

Father of the Folk Blues is a Columbia title, not Prestige. But yes, it does sound great.

jgrillo and abracax like this.
  17. abracax

abracax Forum Resident

You're right. I just assumed it was because it seems to be the only blues album that AP cut on 33 that isn't a Prestige.

18. @MLutthans - Thanks so much for mastering this series. Glad the blues titles are getting some love.
    I have the Pure Pleasure remastering of Skip James Today by Kevin and Steve (one of my all-time favorite records).
    I compared to an original pressing and the US CD, and felt this was a significant upgrade sound-wise.
    Since then I see the 2011 RSD edition by Sterling Sound in mono. And Ryan Smith's recent version for VMP.
    I guess the difference here will be The Mastering Lab's equipment, right?

19. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

@davidpoole --

For that Skip James title, specifically: "Not necessarily." I'm not trying to be cagey! The deal is, we have several titles for the Bluesville series already "in the can" and ready to usher out. The one title that has not yet been cut/approved is Skip James "Today." Until I get back to Salina late next week and dig into that title further with Chad, I really can't get into details. I will just refer you anew to this earlier exchange:

20. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

Ha. Thanks Matt. Interesting for Chad to use a not yet cut title to announce a series when you have others that are further along in the process

MLutthans likes this.
  21. It is great fun to have you present on this forum at all!
    Please do share details when it makes sense to do so.

MLutthans likes this.
  22. Stonehenge

Stonehenge Forum Resident

Hello Matt, looking forward to these releases. Very happy. Only if you're allowed to say: what titles of Lightnin' Hopkins will be reissued?

420JJJazz666 likes this.
  23. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

That's not up to me to divulge; sorry!

Ziggy71 and BreakBeat DJ like this.
  24. Stonehenge

Stonehenge Forum Resident

I totally understand. Anyway I plan to get all of them.

25. Bijan

Bijan Forum Resident

Me too! Big Lightnin’ fan.

Ziggy71 likes this.