Conny Plank - The end of a legend...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Eroc, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just looking at the Cluster & Eno and Eno Mobieus Roedelius After The Heat LPs on Sky Records. Both albums were ahead of their time, due I'm sure in no small part to Conny Plank's production/studio.

2. johnnyyen

johnnyyen Senior Member

Funnily enough, I was looking for the Systems Of Romance remaster in town yesterday. Now I know why I couldn't find it. ;) Didn't know it was put back to July 10. Maximum Acceleration is fantastic, always been a favourite of mine. I often wondered why David Bowie never worked with Conny Plank, they seemed a perfect match.

3. Johnny Strangler

Johnny Strangler New Member

A little late to the thread, Eroc, but I wanted to offer my condolences and sympathy at your losing a friend (Christa) and an classic studio where some wonderful records were made.

Being 34 and American, German Krautrock, sans Kraftwerk, came to me much later on due to bands namedropping some influences. I was introduced to his work when I was a young, new wave kid with Ultravox's Vienna LP and the 3 albums for Virgin he produced with DAF. Outstanding work, all around, and as a dj for the past 15 or so years, I can tell you that "Der Mussolini" is still one of my all-time fave dance songs. The floor is still packed when I play it. A remarkable producer/engineer, influential with cold, electronic sounds the same way Martin Hannett was. Good company if you ask me.

Cheers,
    Johnny

Leugi likes this.
  4. mfp

mfp Senior Member

Since this thread is resurrected, I might add that I think Conny Plank should get more credit for his work on Devo's masterpiece Q:Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo. The record reads Produced by Eno, engineered by Conny Plank. Well, with all due respect for Eno, I really think this album wouldn't sound as perfect as it does if it wasn't for Conny, and his name should be mentionned everytime this album is.

5. Eroc

Eroc Active Member Thread Starter

Hi Johnny,

just back from vacations I found your notice in this thread. Thank you so much for your great comment. I know that the good word about Conny's Studio and his work will keep on spreading all over the world and postings like your's prove that.

All the best to you...

- Eroc

6. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Which cd version is the best?

7. Jeff Carney

Jeff Carney Fan Of Specifics (No Koolaid)

Avoid all of the Kraan remasters on EMI.

8. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

But certainly buy the second Tindersticks album - recorded after Conny was gone, but at his studio and with a sound I'm sure he would have loved.

9. mfp

mfp Senior Member

I had no idea about the Tindersticks! That's their best album! Oh how I love this forum!

Leugi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.