Concord Music Group gets Paul McCartney Back Catalogue (Pt. 4)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by -Alan, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supermd

supermd Senior Member

A cat jumping? Any information of this picture (what year it was taken, etc) would be appreciated. Sorry it's so big.

[​IMG]

2. yellowballoon

yellowballoon Senior Member

Looks like 1971 Wild Life era.

3. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

Greece/Corfu (wasn't it, Greg?) in mid 1969. I have the exact dates at home but definitely in '69 on holiday after the wedding. He was fond of that striped blue shirt that Summer.

4. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Any other pictures from that session? I particularly love that striped blue shirt. I tried looking online for one but it's so hard to find one that looks just like that in a world with so many different kinds of shirts...

5. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

I'm not sure if there are any more from that day with that shirt on (there are others from that month spent in Corfu though) but here's more of the striped shirt:

http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/2009/05/pauls-blue-and-white-striped-shirt.html

6. maccacollector

maccacollector Member

I will obviously have to wait and see how that all unfolds but I can see myself passing on a subscription and just waiting until the Japanese import labels publish the better content on cd/dvd.

maccacollector

7. gswan

gswan Forum Resident

Yup ..

Have to post some other pics later from the same trip, wasn't 'Every night' written on this holiday?, Chip? .. i allow you to break away from your Lennon research just this once :)

Greg.

8. gswan

gswan Forum Resident

Hmmmmm,

I'm starting to see a theme forming here, tho taken nine years apart, it appears Paul was not adverse to a little feline hurling in the name of art, call him a surealist, call him an artist, just don't call PETA. :shh:

Greg.

Attached Files:

9. lennonology

lennonology Formerly pas10003

According to the McCartney press kit, "EVERY NIGHT (Blues) This came from the first two lines, which I've had for a few years. They were added to in 1969 in Greece (Benitses) on holiday."

The song also pops up on the January 21st and 24th, 1969 Nagra recordings. No other interviews regarding the tune spring to mind, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were started while in India.

Chip Madinger
    www.lennonology.com

10. cincyjim

cincyjim Senior Member

11. supermd

supermd Senior Member

12. Immerse

Immerse New Member

I almost missed this post... what is 'One Woman'? Off the top of my head I don't think I've heard this track. Has it been booted?

13. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

I got that Paul did write this in Greece (Benitses), before the Get Back Sessions (the first lines, as you put). I believe he had this in the can and didn't finish until Christmas 1969.

14. supermd

supermd Senior Member

In my head, I can hear John singing with him. :) It would have been a great Beatles track (though it's my favorite on the album as it is).

15. I'd never heard of it either (and I am crazy about "Waterspout" BTW!! Up there with "Love For You", etc.)...but when I googled "one woman paul mccartney london town"
    I came up with this sessionography page that had it listed...
    http://hem.passagen.se/orange/paul/session70.htm

16. Claudio Dirani

I guess that's a London Town leftover, you can find the complete info on Cb70's site. http://webpages.charter.net/ram71/

-October 25 - December 14--

Sessions for London Town continued at EMI and A.I.R. Studios in London. Songs recorded were:

Backwards Traveler
    Cuff Link
    Girlfriend
    One Woman
    -the Rude recording of Waterspout was worked on during this time. Among being included on the many configurations for Cold Cuts, Waterspout was also planned to be released on his All The Best compilation from 1987. Side 2, track 1 (notice the cartoon):

17. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

So it's looking at this point that there isn't a 2CD+1DVD version of these like there was with "Band on the Run"?
    To get the bonus tracks you have to buy the very expensive ($60+) deluxe?

18. Claudio Dirani

Just checked the tracking lenght on my The Piano Tape CD and "Women Kind" is listed 2'03'' (the "official" will habe 2 extra seconds, if it's correct). You know, besides that, it seems it's the same version we already have... Unless, Paul's 1973 tape track is another go in the song:(
    Now "Suicide" on The Piano Tape is very short: 1'37'', while its version taped on One Hand Clapping is shorter 1'30''. Phew! It seems the one picked for the bonus CD is none of these.

As a footnote, I recently came across this site that seems to be very "encyclopedia-like". Very informative and in continuous upgrading.
    http://www.the-paulmccartney-project.com/

19. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

Thanks Claudio. Yeah, "One Woman" is an outtake from London Town and is supposed to be a really cool vintage Wings song. I want to hear the 1st version of "London Town"...I love that song!

20. Claudio Dirani

I know you do! I wanted to put my ears (grin) on the rocking version of Famous Groupies as well. It seems London Town has a lot of unknown gems that might appear someday in our little Macca cloud. I've been with my fingers crossed for ages :)

21. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I'd say, "No." Look at Band on the Run 2CD + DVD. Yes, it's been months since it came out, but it was practically this price in November, too. My guess is that the lowest configuration possible is 2CD + DVD for McCartney and McCartney II.

http://www.amazon.com/Band-Run-Spec...HKSS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1303785920&sr=8-2

22. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I think we're finally getting the full song at the end of "Glasses." :)

23. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

Same day/session with Linda setting her camera on the fence post to get a group shot:

08-70e.jpg

24. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Portugal- Hunter Thomson's place ?

25. macca728

macca728 Forum Resident

But this combo is never announcd for McCartney or McCartney II.
    So it seems the only way to get the DVD is to buy the Deluxe versions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.