Concord Music Group gets Paul McCartney Back Catalogue (Pt. 4)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by -Alan, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I couldn't agree with you more! I don't know how some people on here can see what we got with Band on the Run and now these two McCartney albums and still go, "Well, just wait and see how fantastic Ram will be!" I think we'll get the mono Ram and maybe one or two other tracks (or maybe just mono Ram). Mono Ram makes a lot of sense to include because it wouldn't go well in any other place; it certainly wouldn't go well in the rarities box. Heck, we might not even get mono Ram at all! After the track listings for the McCartney albums came out, my expectations have dropped considerably. Not that I'm not glad to be getting what we're getting, but I'm not expecting a complete raiding of the vault.

2. Allmusic or not, if it's not from Concord or MPL, it's not official and is just rumor at this point.

3. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

If all we get is as a bonus to Ram is the mono Ram, I'd be over the moon. Can't really think of any solo McCartney rarity I'd want more than that.

4. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I'd love to get that, too! I have no idea what else we might get in place of that so it's the only thing I can look forward to with Ram.

5. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Did Etcetera ever post a proposed track listing for Band on the Run?

6. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Just a thought (and an optimistic one) - maybe the bonus disc of McCartney won't have all the goodies that we expected because Concord/MPL wants to offer some of those tracks as exclusive downloads with the deluxe edition. That would help justify the $70 price for the 2CD/DVD edition and encourage the fans to shell out the extra moolah over the $15 2CD version.

Until there is an official announcement, we can always keep speculating optimistically :)

7. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Adagio For Strings - Barber

From Let It Be/Get Back Sessions.

McCartney - bonus ?

8. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Why the hell don't they just include a third disc, then? :help: You know, we probably will get some sort of exclusive download for pre-ordering from Paul's website if Band on the Run is any indication of what to expect with these two releases. Maybe we can get something there? If so, you'd think that they'd save the 1979 Glasgow tracks for that and give the disc the good stuff.

To be honest, I'm holding out hope that the third disc for McCartney II will be more bonus tracks and not an interview. Also, since we haven't gotten an official word, how are we sure we're not getting a third disc with the McCartney deluxe edition?

9. macca728

macca728 Forum Resident

I just wish we would get the CD/DVD package for a reasonable price like band on the Run. The Glasgow tracks will hopefully see a stand alone release, its crazy that they are used as bonus tracks.

10. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

I don't think it's crazy at all. The whole show is an album in itself and far too long to be issued whole as a bonus. Breaking it up allows MPL to a) create something more manageble, and b) it provides a source of bonus material for albums that may otherwise be light.

As long as Back To The Egg mops up the Beatles/covers from the show, I'll be happy.

11. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

Quite agreed. If you see, he's including only 3 outtakes out of probably 10 interesting tracks that have been set aside for the archive project. So we might expect to get the best stuff through another medium. Whooooaa the mysterious cloooooud"" :winkgrin:

12. macca728

macca728 Forum Resident

I wonder if you need a subscription for that.

I aso wonder why Paul thinks that many of his fans will like that as many are older and many prefer a cd/dvd (me also actually)

13. Immerse

Immerse New Member

Yep, this was my fear after the BOTR re-issue. Granted we haven't got OFFICIAL tracklistings for McCartney I and II, but the signs aren't good.

Assume these tracklistings are accurate I'm now 50% less excited about the re-issue campaign.

Roll on the godforsaken McCartney boxset and 'Mac-Cloud' :thumbsup:

14. JOSERENATO

JOSERENATO Forum Resident

More about McCartney/McCartney II

MCCARTNEY 1

CD 1: The Original Album

The Lovely Linda
    That Would Be Something
    Valentine Day
    Every Night
    Hot as Sun/Glasses
    Junk
    Man We Was Lonely
    Oo You
    Mamma Miss America
    Teddy Boy
    Singalong Junk
    Maybe I’m Amazed
    Kreen – Akore

CD 2

Suicide [Outtake]
    Maybe I’m Amazed [From One Hand Clapping]
    Every Night [Live At Glasgow, 1979] [Live]
    Hot As Sun [Live At Glasgow, 1979] [Live]
    Maybe I’m Amazed [Live At Glasgow, 1979] [Live]
    Don’t Cry Baby [Outtake]
    Women Kind [Mono] [Demo Version]

Tracks 1, 3-7 previously unreleased
    Track 2 from One Hand Clapping documentary, 1974, previously unreleased on CD

MCCARTNEY 2

CD 1: The Original Album

Coming Up
    Temporary Secretary
    On the Way
    Waterfalls
    Nobody Knows
    Front Parlour
    Summer Day’s Song
    Frozen Jap
    Bogey Music
    Darkroom
    One of These Days

CD 2

Blue Sway [With Richard Niles Orchestration]
    Coming Up [Live At Glasgow, 1979]
    Check My Machine [Edit]
    Bogey Wobble
    Secret Friend [Full Length Version]
    Mr H Atom / You Know I’ll Get You Baby
    Wonderful Christmastime [Edited Version]
    All You Horse Riders / Blue Sway

Tracks 1-2, 4, 6, 8 previously unreleased
    Track 3 from Parlophone single R 6037-B, 1980
    Track 5 from Parlophone twelve-inch single 12-R-6039-B, 1980
    Track 7 from Parlophone single R 6029-A, 1979

Source and further information: Theseconddisc.com

15. Stateless

Stateless New Member

Two of my favorite McCartney albums, but I'm not too excited about the bonus stuff. Hopefully the remastering will make the albums worth repurchasing.

16. Claudio Dirani

Isn't it the same tracklisting posted last week?

17. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

Yep. I saw this at SecondDisc late last week and it looks like it originates from the MaccaBlog report. No new info for us. I want to know what's on that 3rd disc for McII.

18. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I wonder if Best Buy will get an "exclusive" for either of these albums. They did for BOTR (it wasn't particularly impressive), but it did exist...

19. maccacollector

maccacollector Member

The McCartney Interview LP (1980) would be nice for the McCartney II set.

maccacollector

20. Immerse

Immerse New Member

I wish they'd keep those Glasgow '79 tracks away from these reissues.

It's not like we don't all have it already...

21. Claudio Dirani

me too. Me three :)

22. supermd

supermd Senior Member

That would be fantastic. I say the third disc should be made up of tracks, not an interview. I don't know. I really can't see the third McCartney II disc being an interview. Band on the Run had a documentary, which is different. Would an interview be needed? As much as it'd be nice to have, it seems a Best Buy exclusive would be a very smart place to put that.

23. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Me four. :wave:

24. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I'm really hoping that this week will finally be the week that we get the official word on everything about these two releases.

25. gswan

gswan Forum Resident

Hi,

As a card carrying uber fan, i have to pipe up and say the 'Interview' would be such a waste of space, at no time since i first purchased it have i ever, ever had the need , or desire to pull it out and listen to it again, (i also have no desire to know anyone that would, the thought of a Macca fan straitening his cravat, lighting his special pipe, and settling down in front of an open fire for a pleaseant evenings listening pleasure of 'The McCartney interview' sends a chill through my body :D ) it was a tenuous and dinky idea at the time, and it's even moreso now.

With all that being said, i'm betting that's what will be on the third disc (if in fact there is one).

Greg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.