Concord Music Group gets Paul McCartney Back Catalogue (Pt. 3)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by -Alan, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

No confirmed news, just rumors

MusicTAP is pretty reliable, so I'm pretty sure May 24 will see the reissue of Run Devil Run/Driving Rain/Chaos...

Whether there will be any additional content, we'll have to wait and see.

2. Here's an edited version of that mix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdWIeozYcD4

3. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

Paul H and Billy Budapest, yep that's it, thanks!

4. Christobal

Christobal Senior Member

Music Tap now states that Off The Ground, Press To Play, Tripping The Live Fantastic, and Tripping the Live Fantastic Highlights Are getting "digital" releases on March 8. I certainly hope the two studio albums in that list still get deluxe editions, especially since there is so much material that can be added to a second disk for those titles.

C

5. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

I have a sinking feeling that the latter half of McCartney's career (let's say, post Press To Play) is going to get purely functional re-releases just to keep em in print. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but, while I'd jump for joy at the prospect of PTP being issued on Mar 8, I can't help but feeling like a digital release (ie, download only) with few or no bonus tracks is all I can expect. :(

6. Perian

Perian Forum Resident

Didn't MusicTap claim many months ago that Wild Life would be released digitally? What happened with that?

7. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Yes, good point! I still rely more on the news from MaccaBlog ("McCartney" and "McCartney" II 'Archive Releases').

8. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

Well the 'Wild Life' on Itunes has no bonus tracks, and the release date is down as 24 October 2010.

Like many people have speculated, perhaps these digital releases are just to get the music out there, and keep their revenue stream flowing nicely?

9. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

I agree. Those three titles listed above seem to be more likely to happen than McCARTNEY/McCARTNEY II re-releases do on May 24 (or whenever the next batch gets released) ... but peoples' wishful thinking seems to have taken hold in this thread ...

10. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

It got released on iTunes.

11. jacden

jacden Senior Member

I wouildn't make any assumptions based on these iTunes "digital releases". The fact that they're not even remastered and contain no bonus tracks whatsoever tells me that they're just "placeholders" until the Archive Collection versions are released.

12. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Indeed -- and that's why these multiple conflicting reports of what's "next" can still all be TRUE. I could see them dumping a bunch of "placeholder" reissues onto iTunes/Amazon at once -- just to keep them available -- while still preparing those titles for eventual "Archive Collection" physical release.

13. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Exactly. Relax, people.

14. gswan

gswan Forum Resident

Hi,

Hmmmmm, it looks like this Archival collection will in fact take years to roll out, if they keep it at this pace, with two albums, no info, no momentum and months and months apart .. am i just impatient?, i'm not usually a 'Gimme gimme gimme' type person, but Paul drags his heels at the best of times .. i mean, 35 years to officiall release 'One hand clapping'!?, i don't for a second buy the argument 'We wanted to get it right', a basic program on an apple laptop could have had that dvd looking twice as good.

Attached Files:

15. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

That's terrible! I could have 'worked' on that track for half an hour and come up with something better. Hope "remixes" like these end up on bonus discs!

16. gswan

gswan Forum Resident

Nope,

This will end up on the cd release of 'Twin Freaks' .. can't wait to get an official cd release of that :righton:

Greg.

17. Wasn't there a digital download version of Twin Freaks along with the LP's?

18. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

I'm with you. The reissue program definitely needs more momemtum and media push to keep the fans interested in the whole thing. I'm thinking the next update could be sometime in March that confirms Maccablog's leak regarding the release of Mccartney & McCartney II in May 2010.

It would be so much better if MPL creates a section of Paul's website dedicated to the reissue news, provides tentative but longer release schedules and keeps adding to the buzz every now and then.

19. englandmademe

englandmademe Forum Resident

+1 :righton:

At the December 18 2010 Hammersmith Macca gig there was loads of unique Twin Freak remixes before the gig including using Beatles songs in the mash-ups! I reckon Paul could issue this album on CD with as many bonus discs as he felt like. Somewhere must exist a massive archive of these remixes...

20. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

Yes there was, through 7digital or some odd thing.

21. supermd

supermd Senior Member

22. yellowballoon

yellowballoon Senior Member

23. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

:agree:

24. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

Well, but it seems at least they'll follow suit the deluxe BOTR edition.

25. supermd

supermd Senior Member

...and that we have a further confirmation (OK, NOT official, whatever...) on the next releases being "McCartney" and "McCartney II". Who knew if that French site was right a couple months ago? I for one trust Rolling Stone magazine more than some random site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.