Concord Music Group gets Paul McCartney Back Catalogue (Pt. 3)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by -Alan, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

I think it's gonna be like itunes. Just a big server bearing all things to download.
    But it's also hard to imagine the amount of stuff that might be there.

2. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I wonder how much will be available at launch. Maybe he'll only have Memory Almost Full, Electric Arguments, Band on the Run, and McCartney/II. Aren't those the only Paul albums released on Concord/Hear Music? Surely he wouldn't be putting something like Wings Over America on there since he'll be getting around to releasing that in the Archive series?

3. Claudio Dirani

Puzzling, puzzling...hard to make a stand :) I was hoping we'd get all the bonus that will never be on the albums. One can dream.

4. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Eddie Klein? The same guy who was an engineer on some of the early solo Beatles records?

5. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Nah. He's the son of Allen. ;)

6. Claudio Dirani

Yep

7. Calico

Calico Senior Member

He's also the guy who engineered some of the "Let It Be" overdub sessions with Phil Spector. Proof that when he really wants it, McCartney can be forgiving!

8. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I was listening to Last Flight (1979 Glasgow concert) and, in particular, "Coming Up." This version has an extra verse not found on the one released on Wingspan or the vinyl single of it.

"You want some peace and understanding
    So everybody can be free
    I know if we can get together
    Making music endlessly"

I never noticed that before. Do you think we'll get this extended one with McCartney II since Concord is splitting this live album up or do you think we'll only get the edited one that people are more familiar with? I know that the track times that were posted for McCartney II say 4:09 so it's probably the unedited version, which is a good thing. Here are the times I clocked in:

Released length - approx 3:20
    Last Flight - approx 4:07

9. Claudio Dirani

It's likely a track taken from the concert, and not from the edited B-side.
    Just like they did to Band On the Run, that's superlong, with chatting et al.

10. somebodywhocares

somebodywhocares Forum Resident

My guess is that the cloud will be a place where fans can access whatever unreleased audio, video, etc. that Paul feels like making available. I would picture it being available for streaming but not for download. Perhaps it would be available on a subscription basis, maybe $40/year to access the Cloud or something. Or maybe he makes it a multi-tier thing where there is some stuff available for free to anyone, and then exclusive stuff that is only available to subscribers. Maybe it will be part of a "fan club" membership type deal ,where you can access the site as well as other "perks" for your $99/year membership. Don't a lot of major acts have such fan clubs (the Who and Clapton come to mind)?

The possibilities are endless. I really hope Paul and his team are creative with this and make it into something really cool.

11. Claudio Dirani

Trouble is: in the minute it's streaming, it'll become a download ;)

12. supermd

supermd Senior Member

That's actually how I envision it. It also makes the most sense.

13. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Yep. I wonder what the quality will be, then.

14. Mike D'Aversa

Mike D'Aversa Senior Member

Does the HP cloud thing have any date attached to it?

If not, we should probably try stick with talking about the still unofficially dated (but likely June release) of the two reissues IMO...

15. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I've heard June mentioned a couple times around here.

16. -Alan

-Alan Senior Member Thread Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.