Chili Peppers "Stadium Arcadium" 4-LP 180 gram vinyl set being manufactured now!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

2. LowRideDuh

LowRideDuh Member

Steve and Kevin . . . You Two Have Created a " Master Piece " . I was able do
    a needle drop on Sides 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 and all I can say is W O W !!!
    Thank You Both for Your Passion of Capturing Music , the way it was meant to
    be heard . . . Clear and True . . . Thru and Thru !!!! This has to be the Quietest ( Dead Quiet ) Vinyl I've Ever Heard ! Thank You Again !!!!

Cheers , Stephen

3. Andreas

Andreas Senior Member

I wonder if they attribute the difference in sound to the format or the mastering.

4. I should clarify, Gary. If Warner U.S. is releasing this LP as opposed to a third party specialty company such as Classic, then Warner Canada will most probably bring some copies in, thru their Import division as they have for many years.

If so, we should be able to purchased the LP at Warner Canada Import pricing (which usually is pretty reasonable) at stores such as a&b sound, Megatunes, etc.

5. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

What?!? No outlets for Eastern Canada?!? :eek:

;)

6. Matti Saari

Matti Saari Senior Finn

My copy has been shipped. According to tracking info it should be here tomorrow. :goodie: :goodie: :goodie:

7. Just spoke to a woman at Warner Vancouver. She said the Chili Pepper vinyl is slated for release in Canada thru Warner's Import division on Dec. 22. She said only one version is being release here. The one sheet didn't say which one.

8. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

Have any Canadian forum members tried ordering vinyl through their local HMV? I dropped into the HMV megastore here in Montreal once and asked about vinyl. A sales guy told me they can usually order anything that's available. A turntable dealer also told me they add quite a mark-up. Anyone with experience on this?

9. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

I never got around to asking the folks at Diamondgroove about these releases, but both www.adagioplus.com and www.audiobasics.com told me they would likely be getting everything I mentioned (The Who's Tommy on Classic and Elton's Captain and the Kid, which I've since purchased, plus Yes, RHCP, Petty, and Tull). They just couldn't tell me when exactly they'd have it.

10. Dave D

Dave D Done!

HMV is almost as bad as black market vital organ sales. I wouldn't even think about it.

11. :biglaugh: I have a friend who is a manger at one of the HMV locations here in Calgary. I'll pass on your good wishes to him.

12. Ctiger2

Ctiger2 Senior Member

4 180G LP's...

Think of it as $25 per LP and it's not as bad. :D

13. Picked up a copy of each version today, and my arm almost fell off carrying the bag.... HEAVY!

14. elvismcdouglas

elvismcdouglas Forum Resident

from music direct, i ordered the clash's singles boxset on seven inch vinyl along w/ the 180 gram chilies (as well as an audioquest brush) ... can't wait. has anyone here bought the singles boxset by the clash on vinyl?

15. Matti Saari

Matti Saari Senior Finn

Received my copy half an hour ago and listened very briefly the title track. :) :) :) :) :)

16. Dr Faustus

Dr Faustus A younger man now getting old

Boy, makes me wish I could afford a turntable and the album!

17. Mellenhead

Mellenhead Active Member

I'm listening to the 150gm version right now and it sounds AMAZING!:thumbsup: GREAT job Steve and everyone else involved. This is my first Steve Hoffman mastered album and I'm extremely impressed.:thumbsup:

18. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Look in the right place. I found a vintage Dual for $2. A new cartridge and I was in business.

19. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

Looks like you need to update your profile, Dave. ;)

20. Dr Faustus

Nice find! I'll have to visit the charity shops a bit more often now.

21. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

I used to see TT's at a local flea market for $50.00 or so (price depended on the model #). That included a cartridge, of course.

They're out there! :)

22. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Eeek......thanks

23. Dr Faustus

The last turntable i saw was an ancient Panasonic battery operated thing for £40. It was very cool, no doubt. But somehow, I don't think I'd be play 180g albums on it. I guess I have to get out more!

24. zakyfarms

zakyfarms White cane lying in a gutter in the lane.

I've just finished playing the 180g version & it is truly spectacular!
    Not only wonderful rich sound with tight bass and lots of soundstage, but the vinyl is completely dead quiet. A masterful job all the way around!

25. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I am waiting for my package to arrive with the 180g version today - but then I checked the UPS tracking website. They rescheduled my delivery for Monday. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.