Chili Peppers "Stadium Arcadium" 4-LP 180 gram vinyl set being manufactured now!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Gary, please let me know if you get hit with any customs etc.....I really want this but am a bit gun shy. Was gonna get a friend to bring it with her from the USA but she's already loaded up with stuff to bring.

2. Dave, I have the same concern. 6% GST, plus $5. handling fee is what one could potentially receive as extra charges from Canada Customs and Excise if they intercept a package from the U.S., U.K., etc. And being that this will be a 12x12 package as opposed to a CD, someone's going to probably notice it and the price on the green customs sticker.

If this LP set is being released by Warner, we should be able to buy it up here. My LP copy of Morph The Cat was a gift, however, I do know it was purchased at Audio Ark in Edmonton.

3. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

It will be imported to Canada.

Check Diamond Groove (I think that's what they're called) in Dundas, Ontario - they usually have great prices!

4. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Thanks. Emailed them. No listing yet. They are only charging $7 more for the Hendrix Voodoo Child red vinyl set so they seem fairly priced.

http://diamondgroove.com/

5. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Answer!

6. Matti Saari

Matti Saari Senior Finn

My copy is about to be shipped. :)

7. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

My copy shipped today from Acoustic Sounds - 180g version. Looks like a good weekend for listening to Hoffman mastered vinyl - Yes and RHCP!!

8. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

They are indeed.

Can you believe the difference in dynamics in those graphs from the Gray/Hoffman vinyl and the CD version? Yikes, that hurts!

9. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

Since everyone seems to blame the bands for the how bad the CDs sound, I was wondering if the bands could tell the difference in how the LPs sound compared to the CDs?

10. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

They loved our vinyl version, yes. How that will translate to the rest of their catalog or how they proceed with future digital masterings I cannot as yet predict. They are aware of the difference though.

11. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

I have the new Tom Petty CD (excellent tunes!!) - and I can't wait for the Petty vinyl! :D :D :D

I might be able to borrow the RHCP CD - just to do a comparison.....

12. dgstrat

dgstrat Senior Member

Just called Acoustic Sounds to check on my order for Yes and Chili Peppers because there was no shipping info on their site. both are shipping today. Man, i placed those quite some time ago. I was hoping they'd be on their way.

13. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

I'm curious about a vinyl version of RHCP's By The Way I've seen listed at www.diamondgroove.com here in Canada. Do you know anything about this, Steve? I'm wondering if it's just a vinyl release of the CD master or something that was specifically remastered for vinyl.

14. rat1073

rat1073 Active Member

Just picked up my 180g set on the way into work, where it's here with me. The package is drawing interesting looks from co-workers, who have mistaken it for a puzzle or a board game. While I'd love to tear into this tonite, my ears are about to be torn open by a Who show, so I think I'll have to wait another day to appreciate it fully.

15. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Wear earplugs and have a lot of fun! :)

16. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

Cool, maybe they will spread the word! :righton:

17. LowRideDuh

LowRideDuh Member

Just received my copy of RHCP's " Stadium Arcadium " 150g , however my Son
    has a Christmas Concert tonight,so the wait continues !!! I haven't been this Excited About Vinyl for A loooooooooong Time.

Cheers , Stephen

18. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

Hmmm, is your son in the Who too? ;)

19. It was cut from a digital master. I don't own it, but have heard it, and my advice is to avoid, it isn't any improvement over the CD.

20. Mellenhead

Mellenhead Active Member

I've seen the pictures of the packaging for the 180gm version but not one of the 150gm version. Does the 150gm version have custom innersleeves also or does it just have plain white ones? Mine (150gm) is on its way here but I'm dying to know. The suspense is killing me. From what's been posted by those who have received theirs it sounds like I'm in for a real treat.

21. Fortune

Fortune Senior Member

Plain white sleeves.

Heads up for anyone in LA. Amoeba is selling the 150g version for $34.99. Not bad huh? I got mine!

22. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Wow! I just checked Acoustic Sounds. It's $100? :eek: For an LP! How is that justified?

23. nin

nin Forum Resident

That is for the 4 LP, 180 gram limited version with two 16-page books and a big box. They also have the standard 4 LP version for 40$

24. Mellenhead

Mellenhead Active Member

That stinks. I can understand the booklets only being on the $99.99 version but not as much the innersleeves. At least there was a version for people like me who don't have a high end set-up to justify the 180gm version. I shouldn't be complaining.

25. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

4 LP's? Isn't it only 2 LP's?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.